No announcement yet.

2023 Outdoor Plants Only Show & Tell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bowhunterwoody in the name of management I am now down to 3 plants I decided to cull what was supposed to be a White widow. This was the one that had been sickly
    since the beginning, was showing questionable signs of sex, as well as some WPM. The WPM seems to have been concentrated on this one plant towards the bottom and see no signs on the remaining plants. Hopefully my concentrated effort on the 3 plants (4 is to much of a pain in the ass for my deck grow) will pay off.
    So in theory, the plant on the left is a White Widow, plant on the right a GG4 and the one in the middle is a mystery to me--doesn't look like either of the others! (thought I was planting a GG4, now I have no idea--maybe a somehow got a Durban Poison seed mixed in or crossed. Sure looks sativa dominant to me. Nearing 4ft of growth)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4712.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	4.95 MB
ID:	601596

"That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
      Bowhunterwoody commented
      Editing a comment
      GreenState, I'm just baffled as to how I haven't gotten wpm on either plant so far. It's on my pumpkins, peonies, zucchini, cukes, and I lost the two autos to bud rot. I know it's coming but I hope I can keep it under some kind of control. The middle plant is definitely showing her sativa side.

Good morning outdoor grow buds. Nothing real exciting happening until now.....i've got budlets showing on most of the plants except for the Freak show. Have some yellowing i believe do to me watering so frequently 2x day temps in mid 90s . I fed them after i watered with bloom today it's got some N in it. Not concerned about it really. I gave 2 plants some epsome salts in there water yesterday. I maybe just washing out ferts but it's the way it goes with plastic pots and being only 15gal and 10gal. These are indica hybreds so tallest in abit over 6ft and the freak show is continuing to grow taller. She was given the epsome salt drink yesterday and some bloom this morning. Everything is green except my lawn grass LOL. Now it's pest protection time will see how it goes. I've sprayed with BT already this week got lots of moths an butterflies in the yard. Yep outdoors ain't for the weak if you want a decent harvest there's things you can control if you are attentive to them. Some times you can't kill them all or prevent WPM it's a toss up each year.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Some new pics, and some of the trunk that got busted up, its been HOT and humid, now warm and wet from rains, more rain tonight. Hopefully no more 100+ days!
      Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        What a difficult grow year again for you Rwise. But cheers to you for keeping on the grow. Those are some big gals to maintain most newbies would of thrown in the towel but your hardcore grower like myself who won't give up cause of mother nature throwing out curve balls. Keep on truckin and pick off those rot spots when you see them. This is how we do it and still get a LB or more of decent bud. Those long colas look frosty good to me, won't be long for you now. Mine are just beginning to flower, we've had some humid weather here now in Aug. and will be getting worse. Good luck and hope you can stay ahead of the bud rot

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        The plant in 5 6 and 7 will be cut soon, I did not plan a staggered harvest, but I'll take it!

Well its hard to follow up after seeing all these outdoor grows lol. I seem to have the WPM in control, sort of. I love my shady backyard but the plants are struggling. Sour diesel is a leaf-hopper magnet! Several different varieties- the regular rainbow colored leaf hoppers and a sneaky light green sonofabiotch that settle into the new growth. Temps in the upper 80's and humidity at the moment is 94%...and its not raining..its like a sauna ffs.
      Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
      Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
      6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
      Canna Coco/perlite
      General Hydroponics Flora Series
      Cal/Mag.

Auto plants Strawberry Pie Auto(fast bud) Night Queen Auto(dutch passion) Chem Dog Auto(ethos) Unknown mix Auto(butterbean seeds)
      Photo plants Blue Cheese(butterbean seeds) Green Crack(Canuk seeds)
      Purple Gelatto(Canuk seeds)

Comment

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        I find it odd that some plants seemingly attract bug more than another, but I see it too.

This is what a revegging bastard looks like. Started flowering a month ago for no reason a long with one I gave a friend who is growing it in Florida. Two weeks later it reverts. Been outside since early June. May have something to do with it's genes. Now it's starting to flower again. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230808_135716440_HDR.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	3.65 MB
ID:	601888 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230808_135700544_HDR.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	6.85 MB
ID:	601889 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230808_135745203_HDR.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	5.80 MB
ID:	601890
      keeping it green with the soil thing
      love me some frosty autos
      braap
      BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
      Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
      the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
      blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

Almost feels a little fallish this morning here, perhaps it's just some dryer air for a change.
        Stumpage, managed to get a lot going on in the first 4" of growth for these plants. Small 2 gal containers
        so not monsters(g).

Name:	IMG_4720.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	2.14 MB
ID:	601907 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4721.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	2.18 MB
ID:	601908 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4723.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	2.23 MB
ID:	601909

"That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Boy those are healthy stumps. I also drew down a couple of plants in my pots to help spread out the branches but i need to do it again. Yes to me it felt like a crisp early fall morning also. Weather is saying that we will go back up to 100f on sunday an through next week. No rain predictions. I chopped a male yesterday from a bag seed i'd planted I had it in a flower bed but it was showing it's true " maleish " quailities Pretty brave grow of yours with just 2gal. pots but your a knowledged grower who likes a challange LOL.

• GreenState
          GreenState commented
          Editing a comment
          SoOrbudgal I could be exaggerating, they might be 3 gal pots.
          Seems I create unintentional challenges for myself (lol). I have one plant I'm
          still questioning, only showing a few hairs and I'm sure it will never finish outside before
          frost etc. We'' see, watching closely, so far no balls.

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Well you folks have had a tough summer with the rains and cooler temps earlier so maybe it slowed the show down a bit. Usually though i find males earlier showing there stuff but this one was late for me???

Flower stretch is going on with all my plants even Freak Show showed flower now. Last pic are the tallest ones getting close to 7ft on 2 6ft on 1 5ft on 3 and a short fatty at about 31/2 ft. I just hope they don't grow much taller i'm not looking forward to trimming trees. They do have what looks like heavy cola beginings. My freak gal was showing yellow leaf stress but after watching a video of this strain growing outdoors it had much more yellowing and deeper into flower. Those that have grown this plant do they like N more in flower or lower N higher PK which is what i've been giving the other strains. Anyhow.....gonna get in the 100s next week gonna drag some under a maple tree an some under my patio set them up on wood blocks.
        Hang in there outdoor growers
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          I wish i knew what the hell is going wrong with freakshow. She's just failing now. Watering doesn't help she doesn't seem to enjoy the FF bloom at all. Was doing OK before flower no great but she was green and had a hell of alot more leaf than now. She's yellowing bad, leaf going yellow falling off. I've done cal mag, i've done epsome salts drink and I've done nothing else. She's just sick and makes me sad i can't seem to snap her out of it. If it wasn't 110 inside the green house i'd throw her in there an ignore her, heck i may anyway. She's got 1/2 the leaf in the above picture damnit.

My lady your freak looks fine. Glad you didn't give up on that stubborn seedling. My freaks like to have wet feet. Water her good. Maybe a little n deficiency but she looks happy.
        keeping it green with the soil thing
        love me some frosty autos
        braap
        BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
        Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
        the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
        blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

Just wanted to share a little video of my operation. Veg is indoor but flowering is outdoor

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
            9fingerleafs commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you. Plants are not too happy with the heat and summer light schedule. I'll share again around October or November when they're really on point

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            LOL@crucialbunny. We all dream ( well i do ) of running naked through the weed patch when there in flower. Not now for me i'm saggy LOL. But seriously 9fingerleafs man i sure wish you a good year cause you got a heck of a grow operation. Well desearved i wish you nothing but the best and heaps of green cha ching. Now if the friggin swarms stay away and weather treats you nice best of luck

• 9fingerleafs
            9fingerleafs commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you very much SoOrbudgal I wish you the best too. Your outdoor gals look great too. Hopefully the weather doesn't get any worst this year

The outdoor grow. Manifold on the right, top once in the middle, no train or top on the left. Those two are just about the same in height. What, if any defoliation besides the very bottom should be done? The manifold is going to have to be hollowed out in the center as there is very little airflow in there. Although this is not done growing out, at this time I am going to say that the manifold outdoors is a bit of over kill. There are probably to many shoots on this one. There are pre-flowers and the stretch is on.

Name:	20230814_154110.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	4.23 MB
ID:	602147

The outdoor solos. They are having a difficult time in this challenge. They are very root bound and therefore are not taking up the nutrients effectively. I was thinking of taking them out of the cup and cutting off some of the roots, then filling the empty space with fresh coco so maybe new roots could grow. Then again that may finish it off.

Name:	20230814_154117.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	5.52 MB
ID:	602148
          Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Well your photos aren't as heavy leaf as mine they look pretty good between the nodes an branches so that's a tough call to remove anything unless theres small branches on the inside, then i'd remove those. I did a hell of a trim this early morning on mine I removed alot of small budsites and branches. Then i watered them cause it's 103f windy conditions. Did abit more lollipopping. I treat them as if i were growing in a tent when they are really bushy and mine are. I'm feeding them 3xwk now giving extra top dressings of worm casing helps through the heat wave they say?? Those solos well i don't know what to tell ya, i'm feeling overwhelmed alittle with heat like they are.
            Your photos look great BTW

• Ckbrew
            Ckbrew commented
            Editing a comment
            Ty for the input on defol. Like growing in a tent I can handle.

The little Gorilla Glue clones that could

From these sorry little cuttings to these massive monsters! Only just begun flowering in the Southeast US

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Man how i loved growing GG#4 outdoors last summer. I had 1 seed left an tried to start it again with the other outdoor photos but it failed, i was so bummed. It's a great outdoor photoperiod i've grown it many times.

Pics from this morning, most everything is now flowering. The Colombian purple is being slow, and as you can see I chopped the top off one to do a double harvest.

Comment

• crucialbunny
            crucialbunny commented
            Editing a comment
            SoOrbudgal When my pots used to get too hot I had zip-lock bags I would put water in and freeze. I'd them flat in the freezer and they didn't take up much room. When it got ungodly hot I would just lay them on the top of the soil. Then just rinse them off and refreeze.

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            SoOrbudgal I have used a lot of water this year (sometimes daily) with all the heat, the last 2 day have been fall like but the heat is on its way back. So much rain this month I have not needed to water, but that too is about over (I think).
            crucialbunny I have used ice and just let it melt into the soil.

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            You guys are the best and many thanks for the ice cube baggy trick brilliant crucialbunny and Rwise.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Welcome aboard Jimmybg78 good looking tree

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            lookin good, I use raised beds as my "soil" is a sand rock, just a tad hard to dig into.

Chopped one of my two remaining plants - auto flower Dos Si Dos in 7 gal fabric. It was day 78 for her. Humidity & heat has been extreme here - Long Island, NY. Bud rot is hanging in the air. I am harvesting earlier than I would have liked. I keep finding pockets of BR. Three buds removed over the last week - decided to call it a season for this plant.

With next year in mind, I'd like to find more humidity / mold tolerant strains. Any recommendations?

Comment

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            I tried one called Piebert, first plant to get WPM that year, so much for resistance to it.

• WolfMansBrother
            WolfMansBrother commented
            Editing a comment
            Ckbrew & @Rwise

I notice resistance to mold as a selling feature in the marketing copy on various sites - This one particularly caught my attention:
            Kalamata Red cannabis landrace sourced in early 2000s Greece and maintained for over 15 years by Greek breeders. Rare and famed for its euphoric high.

And I asked ChatGPT - -its training dataset must have contained references to similar. Confirmation bias? It offered up a list of strains. Frisian Duck sounded promising. Along with Durban Poison & Northern Lights.

Too bad such a strain is just wishful thinking...

• 90Gizmo
            90Gizmo commented
            Editing a comment
            Strawberry Cough claims such traits as well as being heat tolerant. But to hear Kushman talk about SC I think it's also stronger than a locomotive and able to leap tall building in a single bound as well.

My poor waterlogged girls. 2 on the right have peanut size buds, but that one on the left is a slow poke, just starting to get some hairs on her chinny,chin,chin.
          She's either going to get the ax or have to be finished inside.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4746.jpg Views:	0 Size:	5.33 MB ID:	602490

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
            Bowhunterwoody commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey GreenState . Yea the rain yesterday morning was nuts. 3 inches in 3 hrs. Then beautiful. Just the craziest summer weather. My photos are about as far along as yours on the right. Looks cooler then normal for the next two weeks with more rain after Monday. Just a crazy summer.

• GreenState
            GreenState commented
            Editing a comment
            Bowhunterwoody Seems as though we had no June or July this year, strange.
            I'm rapidly losing fan leaves, but I can see the trees changing already also.
            If anyone is planning on leaf peeping, plan for an early peak this year.

• Bowhunterwoody
            Bowhunterwoody commented
            Editing a comment
            GreenState, yea same here with the fan leaves. A few every day from each plant. Have a wedding in White River Junction on Oct.8th. They planned for peak peeping. Hope it holds out for them.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X