Root disease or new growth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Root disease or new growth?

Can anyone tell me what's going on with these roots?
    No Lights auto in 5th week of hydro growth. Thanks. Click image for larger version

Name:	20230523_141151.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	596440

Howdy gogettalif, not knowing any of the details of the grow, they could just be new roots 'poping' out,? Were the in the reservoir water, or above the water line?
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

No Lights auto in 5th week of hydro growth. gh 2part nutes, 12/12 lights. moderate temps no higher than 77degrees.
      white growth was in the air space.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Why 12/12 on this auto??? Looks like dirty system or you got light leak in your tote?

• DW2
        DW2 commented
        Editing a comment
        gogettalif, are you running an air pump with air stones in the reservoir to keep the water well aeriated? Those 'root projections' could be the plant trying to get air, sort of like the 'knee roots' that mangrove trees grow up out of the swamp to get the air that they need. I also agree with SoOrbudgal that the root look rather 'dirty'. Have you ever changed out the water and old nutrients? The reservoir should be completely drained and refilled with fresh water and nutriments every week and the reservoir should be topped off at mid week with only plain pH'ed water, to prevent nutriment build up. Also, what is the pH of the reservoir?

Yes, I run a pump and airstones. Roots are brown due to the color of the GH 2part nutes. The nutrient solution is changed out every week, bucket is rinsed. ph is steady between 5.5 and 6.2, checked daily.
      and no light leaks.
      Should I not be on 12/12 light schedule?
      Last edited by gogettalif; 05-25-2023, 08:26 PM.

Comment

With autos many run 20/4 or 18/6, some even go 24/0, no need for 12/12.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X