Decarb downside?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decarb downside?

I'm a fan of GrowWeedEasy and ingesting Cannabis, even more-so when it has been decarboxylated. Firecrackers got me started, now I fill capsules and love the ease of consumption and transportation. Is there a downside to this process? Does decarbed weed stay useful? Any tips regarding storage?

Thanks

alan53, interesting post and I am looking forward to reading some responses to your questions. I'll be decarboxylating most of my crop later this fall. I know very little on the subject, but what I do know is that I like this way of consuming thc without inhaling it.
    Take care brother.

Comment

• alan53
      alan53 commented
      Editing a comment
      Like you, I'm considering decarboxylation for my entire (cured) harvest, but want a tad more info on the subject.

Howdy alan53, I started making 'caps' about a year ago to have a method to ease the arthritic pains during the night. The ingested cannabis seems to last a little longer in my system. Most all of the methods seemed wasteful to me, so I began grinding the whole plant, trim and buds (separately) using the trim for the daytime and the bud for the nighttime. I tried the 'firecracker' method, and really liked it! I grind, bake, then grind into a powder (with a mortar and pestle), and then bake in vegetable oil. I use a 'jello shot' syringe to fill the caps. This has worked well for me. I use the following temperature chart for the baking, if my memory serves me right, it was posted some time ago by Farmbuck on this site.

Oh, I forgot! I don't see any 'downside' to decarbing the cannabis!​
    Last edited by DW2; 05-24-2023, 12:30 PM.
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• alan53
      alan53 commented
      Editing a comment
      DW2 It never occurred to me that the oil in the "Firecrackers" might have something to do with the efficacy of the product. I did bake my decarbed firecrackers as I figgered the heated oil from the PB would soak into the crackers making the whole mess less. I cannot support your deep fried decarb theory, as 4 of the tablets/caps I fill have nothing added to them other than the gelatin of the caps themselves and they are providing as much enlivening experience as one firecracker. Both have .25 tsp. of the same weed. Not trying to argue with you. I may have just saved you a few steps in your processing.

• DW2
      DW2 commented
      Editing a comment
      What size of gel caps are you using? I use the size 0 (0.68 ml). If you are using 1/4 tsp per cap, that is 1.25 ml (a 000-size cap). I too was skeptical at first until I did a 'side by side' test by dry baking some bud, then I made up caps with half of it and the other half I twice baked in the oil. There was a noticeable difference between them with the twice baked in oil caps being more potent and longer lasting. If I remember correctly in the article that nebula did, the oil allows the THC to be more readily absorbed and used by the body.

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      Bonjour DW2, Yes I did many moons ago !

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capsules.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	1.70 MB
ID:	596503 4 caps = 1/4 tsp. ie: 1 cap is 1/16 tsp.
    I'm confused by cap size numbers. does "3" = 000?

"allows the THC to be more readily absorbed and used by the body." That does ring a bell. Not sure I want these to be any stronger than they are.
    Last edited by alan53; 05-25-2023, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X