Grape Ape - When to Harvest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grape Ape - When to Harvest

Hi folks. see photos for a slight conundrum. My Grape Ape is at 9 weeks since switch to 12 12. She is in my homemade super soil, and this grow I had some Magnesium and sulphur issues. First time so I expect I was attentive enough (stoned) and missed some ingredients like dolomite lime. anyway, supplemented with cal-mag brought er back. but I stopped it a couple weeks ago and now this plant only is fading super fast. Trichomes are say 60% cloudy and getting close,but the yellowing is now getting to the buds. I am going to wait a few days and chope her then regardless, but wondering about opinions, noting that past grows I have let the leaves yello right into the buds with no noticed bad effects . note that it is too late to bother with anything remdial. Breeder says 8 weeks flower. Shitty photos -sorry. Wake n Bake prior to some troutin is a great start to the day
    A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

If she were mine i'd do exactly what you plan to do, chop her in less than a week.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Stick with your plan. The only thing I've noticed about dead leaves wilting into the flower is the hassle of trimming them. I'm curious how this works out because I'm wondering about harvesting different plants at different times from the same grow. Out of 4 haze girls I have one that I think is ready or most of it is but the other three are not.
      Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
      Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
      Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Really i think your one plant rippening before the others is a blessing golfnrl. I plan on that happening when i grow all different strains or stagger my seed germination. Nothing more teadious to me than trimming up large harvest all at the same time.

• golfnrl
        golfnrl commented
        Editing a comment
        Well. I hadn't considered that. It does make sense. You're right about harvesting a bunch at one time too. If I end up taking the one before the others i will need to find a place to dry it. I usually dry them in the tent they came out of. All of my closets are full of other...stuff.

Same issue I had re drying it. I harvested over a 2 week period and the first 2 weeks of dry was far from ideal but it was mostly the low hanging fruit...if I had a separate dry room I would have done it very differently
      Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
      Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
      Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
      Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 2 x Autos Greenhouse Seeds Amsterdam Sweet Mango, 2 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel. All feminised.
      Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
      Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

So. I chopped Grape Ape yesterday and once i started trimming it more seemed the leaves that were fading were actually just turning a weird red. actually made it easy to dry trim because they stood out. and trichomes were changing, so all ended up being pretty normal. buds look like wet trimmed usually do for me. I always grow several strains at once and seldom do they finish same day for me. still got 4 left in this grow. Cheers all. I did quick dry a bud for sample and it is f...n awesome! glad i waited!
        A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X