No announcement yet.

Seedlings have pale leaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plants are starting to look chunky, stems are thickening and looking pretty much like I'd expect 2-3 week old plants would look. (Although they are six weeks old.) There's roughly four weeks to go before moving them outside and I don't know how big they should be so I'll ask when the time is right. I want giant plants like SoOrbudgal has!!! If they aren't big enough then plan B is to keep vegging them and now I have a tall tent with 600 watts of lights if needed.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	597296

Name:	20230607_164227.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	2.55 MB
ID:	597295
    Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
    Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
    Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

No longer pale or thin! I'd put them outside if they were tomatoes but I think they'd flip and it's too soon. Two of the three do have little preflower spikes so they're showing their age if not in size.

I've found and am preparing a spot in the yard that gets full sun and full dark. I will put them outside because "learning" unless people tell me it's futile. The solstice is less than two weeks away but figure they can stay inside for an extra week or two to veg a little longer? I've got lots of bugs and beasts in the backyard. I've never found a defense from deer but they seem to prefer the eggplant blossoms. I'll hunt down rabbit blood as a good friend tells me that works better than any kind of fence.

Name:	20230612_094745.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	4.38 MB
ID:	597552
      Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
      Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

• 90Gizmo
        90Gizmo commented
        Editing a comment
        SoOrbudgal I'd be happy if these were autos getting ready for flower as four secondary stalks are developing really well. The only "training" I've done was to do an early trim of the node 2 and 3 fan leaves. I did that on my third grow and was very happy with the results. I'll pull them out from the middle once I get some stakes into the pots.

I did order the greenhouse and only got yelled at for a little bit. I expect the greenhouse will be more important extending the grow season that keeping things warm at first. It's not warm right now especially at night but I'll keep my girls inside for now.

But how about a makeshift greenhouse for you? Putting clear trash bags over them might be the simplest thing though I'd expect high humidity. Or just run a rope over two poles and put clear plastic over it like a clear tent... Probably less that twenty bucks if you had to buy everything new. It's just an idea but I've seen it done before.

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        The only ones yielding good results outdoors here are those with greenhouses the last few years here...weather has been cool and wet for 3 summer seasons but that will change to the opposite by the looks of things...lots of over 100⁰F and dry..high chance atm

• 90Gizmo
        90Gizmo commented
        Editing a comment
        Bluey I was looking at smaller greenhouses but started thinking of hot days, It cost more but this one (and its clones) have screen doors for cross breeze. I'm thinking that's going to be needed.

I got girls!

Name:	20230615_082420.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	597736

Name:	20230615_082511.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	597737
      Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah! Regular seed?

• 90Gizmo
        90Gizmo commented
        Editing a comment
        Bluey These were a gift described as "fem photo." I still cheer because you never know...

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh? come on!
        I guess they could have been coriander hey.

I have my greenhouse up now put it up last week. I washed it down yesterday with bleach&dishsoap. Of course i'd rather have them looking as healthy as yours before i'd of put them out but this was my very first time placing sprouts into dirt and leaving them outdoors entirerly. I've always vegged them indoors for at least 6wks. This is what i get but the weather even a month ago was in the upper 80s-90s so i took a chance. I'm just sayin for myself and these 2 galaxy strains and 2 sweet tooth autos that they prefer way warmer consistent temps.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh and my 2 reg photo seeds are female also so bonus for you and me. They are 2 of the tallest photos outdoors i got right now. Really exciting cause i've never had luck like that before.

• 90Gizmo
        90Gizmo commented
        Editing a comment
        May I ask is the mold from the weather or storage?

@SoBudgal It's been a very cool spring here. I think even a greenhouse would need heating at night or maybe passive solar to get an early start outdoors. Mother's Days has been a traditional start of outdoor season here but that would have been too early this year. Even this morning the the weather report was "April." Great pics! Makes me think maybe I can get some established tomatoes and peppers to go with my grow.

The person that gifted these seeds called his plants tall in his own posts so the size may just be genetics. Anyway the weather is the weather, can't change it can't make it better. If you don't think you'll get the yield you want is it too late to plant more? I might try that just to see if I can skip a winter grow altogether.
      Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes probley 90Gizmo. I use my small one to place my succulants over winter, start my spring flowers and keep late flowering photos from being rained on. I plan short indica strains that hopefully won't go past sept. now i only have room inside it for 2 6ft. but i have to sometime supercrop the top cola. Now though i got this patio/awning built that will give shelter also. I use to love escapeing into my greenhouse. I won't get lights or deal with trying to grow inside it just gonna be sun, heat natural. Mine is sitting on dirt.

The smaller two plants have almost caught up with the taller one. They are very bushy but hopefully tomorrow that will have all the room they need.

The new greenhouse is ready for occupation but still need a lot of amenities.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	20230624_103947.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.53 MB ID:	598320
      Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20230624_175317122~2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.79 MB ID:	598319
      Last edited by 90Gizmo; 06-24-2023, 01:44 PM.
      Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice work Gizmo.
        Plenty of room in there.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X