Rh control?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rh control?

Is it better to pump in fresh air to lower Rh or pump it out of the tent. I have a homemade tent with panda plastic and I can't keep my humidity down when I'm All closed up for lights out. I have a small dehumidifier but maybe a bigger one will help. My Rh is in the mid 60s most the time. Any tricks or suggestions would help.

Well, my problem is usually the opposite, keeping the RH up. I think you might first want to see what the RH is outside your tent before you decide to pump in or pump out the tent air.

Can you vent the top of your tent -- Heat and humidity usually go hand and hand - hot air rises and hot air can also hold more moisture, so if you can vent some out the top it may help, also check the temp when your closed up and lights out, maybe you also running at a higher temp.

Also where is the extra moisture coming from - is your tent in a damp basement?

Listen, just thoughts off the top of my head, hopefully someone with experience will be along shortly to really help you out.

Comment

Those are good questions you asked, caveman.

OregonTentLife I have found that the little dehumidifiers aren't worth shit unless they are for a really small area like under a sink. I invested in a larger one, but then I was faced with the issue of the heat that it produces as it dehumidifies.

I have my setup in a room in my house, so when I ran the dehumidifier last summer, I put it at the door of the room with the warm air blowing out into the hall. On this current grow, I kept the humidity at 40% all the way through flower, and for sure my trichomes are more abundant this time. I only had to turn it on when it got rainy outside. Where I live gets very humid in the summer, so it was a good investment for me.
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

OregonTentLife, yamiacaveman is correct. I live in a semiarid area so high humidity is generally not a problem for me. I have a small 6" fan at the top to exhaust out the hotter air and allow cooler air in from the bottom. Check your area, like yamiacaveman said, to see what, if anything, could be contributing to the elevated RH. The plants can keep the RH elevated just by their natural uptake and expiration of water, my grow area was at 52% this morning (just after the lights came on) but the outside RH was reported to be in the mid 30's. I would recommend that You have fans to circulate the air around inside your tent, this will help Your plants when the humidity gets up.
        Good luck with your grow.
        Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

I have high humidity in the summer and it can be tough. Dehumidifiers give off a lot of heat when they run, so I try to run it outside the room, in the area that I am drawing air from.
          completed 7 grows
          what I have learned so far:
          environment maters more than nutrients
          at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
          effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

Hey thanks everybody.. Yeah its been dumping here for awhile in southern Oregon. So I'm close with my temps averaging 76 and my humidity is averaging about 56%. I can get it down to 41% but that's it. And only sometimes. Still high but its better. I turned the wall Ac on for about 4 hours last night and it dried the room out a bit my tent is in. It helped. I also put another fan in the tent blowing at a vent tube I slid in the side. Its a start i guess.
            My grow
            3 crazy miss Hyde soiless 4 gl pots
            1 blue dream soiless 4 gl pot
            2 lemon kush soil to soiless 3 gl pots
            450w meizhi led

Attached Files

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Looking very good! 56% humidity during veg. isn't bad at all!! 40% is what I try to keep mine at during flower. The never-ending struggle to create those ideal conditions...

• NebulaHaze
              NebulaHaze commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree they look good!

My plants are 4 days into flower

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X