Red stem problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red stem problem

I can’t figure out why my stems are turning red now and my last crop anyone have any suggestions?
    im running 1930e Gavidas they are a good 6 to 7 ft away from the plants and I feed Athena ProLine.

Hmmm heard some say it's genetic , weather related and i get them also so do hundreds of other growers. Are they clones all the same strain?
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• MegaClutch
      MegaClutch commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes they are the same strain. The weird thing is some are green some are red and it’s A straight OG.

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Huh this is not unusual cause i've seen it alot but never have i seen a absolute fix . Good luck i hope all goes well with them, i know when i get them does'nt seem to bother the plants yield.

I have red stems. And green and red stems mixed together. Hasn't caused any problems for me. Your plants look healthy. Roll with red stems man! Unless you start seeing leaf problems I think your good.
    SF 35X47X70 tent
    SF1000 X4
    AC Infinity 6 inch exaust fan
    AC Infinity ocillating fan X2
    FFOF Soil
    FF Soil Trio. and CalMag
    GH Flora Series
    3 and 5 gallon fabric pots

Mango Sherbert
    Gelato Cake
    Grape Icecream auto by going2fast

Comment

I have red stems on the Killer A5 Haze at the top of the plant...closer to the light. Some of the stems are only red where the light directly hits them. In other words some are half red. Some say red stems are a sign of stress or type of plant 'sunburn.' I'm not sure because I've had red stems on every single grow and didn't know it was an issue until I started reading about it. Seems like there's no definitive answer. The red hasn't hurt the quality or quantity, as far as I know.
      Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
      Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
      Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• MegaClutch
        MegaClutch commented
        Editing a comment
        I even used a PAR reader and it shows the light it’s getting is perfect and the lights are very far from the plant and my last run got effected with the red. I usually never got it till the last few months.

I've been having red stems on my current grow. They are only on big long stemmed fan leaves which will be cut off anyway. So I don't worry about them. They are Kosher Kush and I had them on my last grow as well and it didn't have any ill effect.

Comment

Howdy MegaClutch, the 'red stem' is not really a problem (unlike red tide! LOL). I have had it before and without any problem or detrimental effects to the plants. I have found that it occurs where the light exposure is stronger on the stems and actually disappears where the leaves shade out some of the light. I will look thru my grow pics and see if I can find a photo of this from a past grow. I would expect that plants that have been defoliated would tend to show more 'red stem' than those less defoliated. Anyway, the red stems have not been any problem for my grows.
        Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• MegaClutch
          MegaClutch commented
          Editing a comment
          I flushed today because they are drinking so slow and aren’t growing :/

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X