Does this look like nute burn or a deficiency? Week 5F first grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Does this look like nute burn or a deficiency? Week 5F first grow

Hello there. First time grower here. Entering week 5F. I'm giving her Advanced Nutrients Micro + Grow + Bloom base line (auto regulates pH perfectly) and adding Big Bud flowering booster now (PK booster).

The top of the plant has started to show these colours (it seems to be progressing on the way down).

My first guess is it's nute burn because of the burnt tips, although I'm feeding what the manufacturer says, which amounts to about 1200ppm (2300ppm at runoff which I've read can be managed by the plant at this stage?).

It's also a huge plant that I've tried to scrog (using this site's amazing guide) in a 8L (9gal) pot. And it kinda looks like Potassium deficiency according to this chart so maybe it could be that?

Any help would be appreciated.

More photos:

https://imgur.com/a/lQv1Zyz

Click image for larger version

Name:	slJjHmw.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	408.4 KB
ID:	594025

Click image for larger version  Name:	IRgEmQZ.jpg Views:	0 Size:	568.8 KB ID:	594017
    Click image for larger version  Name:	zNPY9MK.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.88 MB ID:	594018Click image for larger version  Name:	AL8UgW6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.07 MB ID:	594019
    Click image for larger version  Name:	xUkWRuH.jpg Views:	0 Size:	797.4 KB ID:	594020
    Click image for larger version  Name:	0Vwv290.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.39 MB ID:	594021
    Click image for larger version  Name:	XTLJViq.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.38 MB ID:	594022
    Last edited by veloci; 04-18-2023, 05:57 PM.

needs cal-mag or pH is too low?
    Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
    Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
    Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

That looks like calcium deficiency. Could be a pH thing. Could be just lacking calcium. Or could be too much potassium. Just because the leaves are very light colored I think you could use some calcium nitrate (or calmag) something with calcium and nitrogen. The more nitrogen the better. Maybe your micro nutrient has both so I would increase that

Comment

Third pic, looks like its reaching up a little or closing up from to much light. ?? Cal/Mag def to. Good nutes.

Comment

Everyone suggested Calmag so I will start adding a bit of that. The runoff water ppm was twice what I was putting in so I did a flush and brought it down to 600ppm. Hopefully if it was a salt build up issue it will be solved now.

Comment

A slurry test (ph & ppm) to see what’s going on in the soil should always be the first thing done as deficiencies can be signs of lockouts, also once she’s flowering forget adding nitrogen unless your a fan of hay
            Soil - NFTG, recycled & amended.
            Nutes - NFTG - modified regiment, SLA-100, Photo +, Mammoth
            Veg - 4x4 tent, TSW2000, TSW1000 6”vent
            Flower - 4x4 tent, TS3000W, TSW1000 6”vent
            Dry - 2x4 tent, 6”vent

Comment

• dirtymike
              dirtymike commented
              Editing a comment
              Yep, The N will surely make it smell like a barn. I've found that Black strap molasses takes alot of that away.

Hey dirtymike. How and when do you start adding Molasses? I bought some and want to use it.
            SF 35X47X70 tent
            SF1000 X4
            AC Infinity 6 inch exaust fan
            AC Infinity ocillating fan X2
            FFOF Soil
            FF Soil Trio. and CalMag
            GH Flora Series
            3 and 5 gallon fabric pots

Mango Sherbert
            Gelato Cake
            Grape Icecream auto by going2fast

Comment

Looks like both to me. So the brown tips and the really minor brown saw tooth tips on the edges I'm pretty sure is nute burn. Run your fingers along the edge of the leaf, do they feel hard and sharp?
              The rust spots and loss of pigment in the middle of the leaf is typical deficiency you often get in coco grows under good LED'S...cal/mag is most typical but it's more often than not a pH problem also, bit too low.
              Correct me if I'm wrong I often have to look it up but didn't this time.
              Edit. Having both burn and deficiency at the same time is likely wrong pH at the roots
              Last edited by Bluey; 04-23-2023, 03:28 AM.
              Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
              Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
              Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
              Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
              Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
              Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X