C'mon big colas! No whammies!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL C'mon big colas! No whammies!

The new grow has been going a couple of weeks. Older feminized seeds are not sprouting reliably this time around so the autos have a head start. Here's what's happening now:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2245(1).jpg
Views:	534
Size:	6.04 MB
ID:	593905
    Scarlet Galaxy - Scarlet Sunset
    Scarlet Runtz - Scarlet Grapes

Name:	IMG_2246(1).jpg
Views:	665
Size:	5.72 MB
ID:	593904
    Alien Technology - LSD
    Critical XXL - White Widow

I was forced to just start whatever fem seeds I hoped might grow and transplant the ones that sprouted. I've got more in the nursery - Wedding Cake, Blue Dream and Candyland - that may be ready to go into 5 gallon pots this week. I am also trying to start some Ghost Train Haze seeds for bud this time. I'm hoping the fridge-kept seeds perform better for me.

I've also changed the settings in the Niwas so that the exhaust fan is called a fan and not a dehumidifier because the warmer weather was causing high temperature spikes I couldn't live with. I've also been doing much more top watering early on, partly to help cover crop get going and partly to help knock any pests off the plants before they can get established. I'm not having a repeat of last year!
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Good luck this run
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• UndergroundFarmer
      UndergroundFarmer commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. I need another good run without bugs and seeds!

Good luck man. Love your style. What cover crop are you using?
    keeping it green with the soil thing
    love me some frosty autos
    braap
    BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
    Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
    the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
    blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

• UndergroundFarmer
      Editing a comment
      It seems that the squash seeds in the compost are better at germinating than the 12 seed clover mix I put out. Same goes for the timothy hay seeds that came with some mulch. I just need a new bag of plain white clover.

I've just moved the sixth GTH seed from the wet paper towel in a takeout box. That's 100% germination rate for two year-old seeds that stayed in the fridge for most of their existence.
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:

Comment

Subbed. Always fun to watch your grows!

Comment

Guys i hear a rap song in this heading........We like Big Colas
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

We've had a casualty. Scarlet Grapes was chewed by a waterbug and did not fare as well as her neighbors. I'm attempting to start another but it hasn't sprouted yet. Here are the autos:

Name:	IMG_2320.jpg
Views:	456
Size:	5.63 MB
ID:	595290

Scarlet Galaxy - Scarlet Sunset
          Scarlet Runtz

All of them were nibbled on but survived. The chew happened at the base of the stem and also on the lowest leaves. Sticky traps are deployed.

In photo land it looks like this:

Name:	IMG_2321(1).jpg
Views:	433
Size:	5.24 MB
ID:	595292
          Alien Technology - LSD
          Critical XXL - White Widow

It's uneven but everyone is doing well. Scrog net goes up very soon.

In the nursery Ghost Train Haze is getting started finally:

Name:	IMG_2322(1).jpg
Views:	442
Size:	4.73 MB
ID:	595291

In the 3x3, more unevenness caused by old seeds:

Name:	IMG_2323(1).jpg
Views:	487
Size:	4.15 MB
ID:	595289

I've got Blue Dream and Candyland sprouts that are runted and may not grow but they are trying. I'm trying to start another seed alongside each. Wedding Cake is doing OK.

Sorry for the inconsistent updates. Work and personal life are getting busy. Luckily, this way of growing isn't as demanding as hydro.

Thanks for your patience!
          Coconut Grove

Flower tent:

Nursery:

Comment

Man that just happened in my last grow, where I had one plant that started about three weeks late compared to three others because of seed death. But then that one plant exploded at flowering and ended up being taller than the rest! I guess that's what I get for growing four different varieties in one tent but maybe the same kind of luck will happen to you

Comment

It's finally resembling a grow! I've got live plants in all four tents and some in flower.
              Here's the photos:

Name:	IMG_2392(1).jpg
Views:	401
Size:	5.29 MB
ID:	595692
              I just put the trellis on when this was taken. They are filling it out nicely in the back while starting to stretch since I flipped to flower on Monday.

Here' the auto tent:

Name:	IMG_2391(1).jpg
Views:	401
Size:	4.93 MB
ID:	595693
              Maybe I should've topped Scarlet Runtz! I gave up since and tied her back a bit and raised the light even more. I did manage to kill the thing that was eating on the plants on the right too.

The ones in the 3x3 are pooting along but growing:

Name:	IMG_2393(1).jpg
Views:	427
Size:	4.75 MB
ID:	595691
              I have a non-stunted Blue Dream sprout going now. It's a race to see which one will grow out best. The stunted ones look bad here but they seem to be rebounding today.

Here's the GTH:

Name:	IMG_2394(1).jpg
Views:	398
Size:	4.33 MB
ID:	595694
              I finally gave the tent a scrub. The old clippy fan was still full of pollen! It died in cleaning because the cheap plastic fan blades just crumbled when touched.
              Coconut Grove

Flower tent:

Nursery:

Comment

I'm finally unbusy enough to post! These pics are now well out of date but you can see the progress.

Autos:

Name:	IMG_2480 (2).jpg
Views:	366
Size:	5.07 MB
ID:	596598
                Scarlet Runtz grew past the light and had to be supercropped.

Name:	IMG_2481 (2).jpg
Views:	359
Size:	3.64 MB
ID:	596596
                Scarlet Galaxy was topped and is producing well.

Name:	IMG_2482 (2).jpg
Views:	410
Size:	3.78 MB
ID:	596595
                Scarlet Sunset is a bit behind the others in flower.

4x4 Photo tent:

Name:	IMG_2483 (2).jpg
Views:	361
Size:	4.54 MB
ID:	596600
                The Alien Tech and LSD in the back have filled out now and are reaching into the lights. The Critical XXL and White Widow are doing OK, WW much more so.

3x3:

Name:	IMG_2485 (2).jpg
Views:	364
Size:	3.58 MB
ID:	596597
                Blue Dream and Candyland continue on with two dwarved seedlings that roared to life along with three extra seedlings started in desperation. Wedding Cake is growing larger and larger and I will need to flip these girls to flower soon.

Nursery:

Name:	IMG_2484 (2).jpg
Views:	362
Size:	3.72 MB
ID:	596599
                Ghost Train Hazes are flipped to flower now. It would almost be a relief to have at least one male. Almost. I really like GTH bud and I miss it!

I haven't bothered to reamend yet but probably will with more worm compost for those making flower. I guessed the soil might've been a bit hot to start so I've backed off from that with no ill effects. Except for inconsistent germination and water bugs biting the plants, not a bad grow so far.
                Coconut Grove

Flower tent:

Nursery:

Comment

Sunset looks a little off. Only 3 fingered leaves and lankier than usual.
                  braap
                  Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
                  blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

• UndergroundFarmer
                    Editing a comment
                    I noticed. I blame stress from the waterbug bite at the base of the stem.

I've been attacking the waterbugs in the auto tent over the past few days with floods in the pickers and diatomaceous earth in the space between the floor liner and the tent. I haven't seen any live ones in over a day. I tried laying out fresh fan leaves on a sticky trap - they just ate what they could reach without touching the sticky stuff.

Here's the autos:

Name:	IMG_2554 (2).jpg
Views:	327
Size:	2.53 MB
ID:	597121
                  Scarlet Runtz

Name:	IMG_2555 (2).jpg
Views:	349
Size:	2.90 MB
ID:	597120
                  Scarlet Galaxy - I like the color these two are taking on.

Name:	IMG_2556 (2).jpg
Views:	323
Size:	2.67 MB
ID:	597124
                  Scarlet Sunset is still building flower and stacking pretty well despite the stress.

The photo 4x4 tent is going nuts:

Name:	IMG_2557 (2).jpg
Views:	326
Size:	4.65 MB
ID:	597123
                  This is much more like it. Even White Widow is about to catch up in height.

The 3x3:

Name:	IMG_2559 (2).jpg
Views:	326
Size:	3.85 MB
ID:	597125
                  I've flipped them to flower and they are stretching nicely already.

Speaking of stretching:

Name:	IMG_2558 (2).jpg
Views:	324
Size:	3.78 MB
ID:	597122
                  The Ghost Train Hazes are all about the same height and all look like females so far. I'll feel better when they show for sure.

I've laid off reamending every three weeks this run because I suspect that the soil was getting a little hot with all the worm compost I've put in. I'm not seeing problems yet but I might just give the ones in the 5 gallon pots some more just to be sure they'll get through flower OK.
                  Coconut Grove

Flower tent:

Nursery:

Comment

Scarlet Runtz and Scarlet Galaxy got the chop Sunday! Scarlet Sunset is looking like she is within two weeks of finishing and the tomato plant is taking over where SR and SG used to be.

Name:	IMG_2599 (2).jpg
Views:	325
Size:	2.88 MB
ID:	597659
                    Scarlet Runtz

Name:	IMG_2600 (2).jpg
Views:	294
Size:	3.47 MB
ID:	597661
                    Scarlet Galaxy

Name:	IMG_2601 (2).jpg
Views:	301
Size:	2.63 MB
ID:	597660
                    Scarlet Sunset

The auto tent:

Name:	IMG_2602 (2).jpg
Views:	302
Size:	4.89 MB
ID:	597662
                    The transplanted catnip isn't happy. Perhaps it likes shade - I need to do my homework.

The photo 4x4 is gonna deliver this time:

Name:	IMG_2603 (2).jpg
Views:	304
Size:	4.95 MB
ID:	597663
                    Alien Technology, LSD
                    Critical XXL, White Widow freebie

The 3x3:

Name:	IMG_2604 (2).jpg
Views:	298
Size:	3.90 MB
ID:	597665
                    Blue Dream, Wedding Cake
                    Candyland

And the Ghost Train Haze threatening to pop out of the nursery tent:

Name:	IMG_2605 (2).jpg
Views:	302
Size:	4.02 MB
ID:	597664
                    The rear left one is confirmed female and the rest still look to be girls too.

Scarlet Galaxy made some very chunky buds for a squat plant. Scarlet Runtz grew a bit too tall and should have been topped like SG but still they produced well for as little training as they got. Scarlet Sunset is making two massive colas despite its difficulties. I fed the remaining plants a bit more worm compost to empty out the bucket (which still somehow had live worms after so much time) and help guard against deficiencies.
                    Coconut Grove

Flower tent:

Nursery:

Comment

• dirtymike
                      dirtymike commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Come on Maters!

• changeofpace2014
                      changeofpace2014 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      your catnip can take a lot of sun...across the yard it dam sure looks like weed growing....

Lovely. Magnificent bud shots brother.
                    braap

Comment

I've accidentally taken a week off from posting! I've also taken down the one Ghost Train Haze that would not make up its mind. It was either a late-blooming boy or a girl that wasn't going to make good bud. My money is on "it was a boy". Scarlet Sunset is coming down Sunday then the tomato plant can just go crazy. The 4x4 photos (Alien Tech, LSD, Critical XXL, White Widder) are making me wish I'd put up a second net in time. At least I have plenty of yo-yos. In the 3x3, Blue Dream, Wedding Cake & Candyland are still building flowers. The three remaining GTHs are also building flower and reaching past the light. I'll have to convert the pictures later since I changed the camera settings for quality over compatibility.
                      Coconut Grove

Flower tent:

Nursery:

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X