Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Estimates and advice on stunted autoflowers

Hey,

I have two autoflowers, titled big and small in the pictures, but they're both very small. I stunted them with overwatering during the start and ... they're still small.
    They're around a month in and they started flowering, I can see the tiny white hairs growing as best they can.

My questions would be:
    • is it worth carrying on?
    • how much do you think they'd produce in good hands from now on?
    My impression is the small one doesn't look like she'll be up to much, but the bigger one may still have a few buds...
    Also, worth trying to LST them for one more week or better to let them go and be free from now until the end? (I started to LST them 3-4 days ago)

Since they're autoflowers I'm thinking I have the option to keep them on a 18-6 schedule all the way, which gives me the possibility of saying goodbye to the small one and starting anew with a fresh seed from the same strain. Does this seems sensible or is it better to keep taking care of the small one too?

It was my first attempt at growing and I ran into quite a few issues (overwatering, too much nutrients, not enough nutrients, not enough light, then too much light, too close...) I'm sure I'd do so much better the second time around. Overall, lame results but a good lesson. I'm curious what you guys think: keep going with them, start anew?
    Attached Files

Keep them going start new plants now. Your harvest is going to be small.

Comment

Hello karryn i've also struggled with autos this winter so i feel your pain LOL it's easy to overwater them and just as easy to underwater them. They don't look bad at all other than being small. I've grown lots of autos i've had runts and big ones they can be a PITA when issues come up. Here's what id do it they were mine......they look dry ( now your fearful to water ) and they need food. Give it to them when you lift the pot and they are light. They are a month old and need food or side dress with worm casings but they need food. I would'nt do training anymore just watch them grow and get confident with what they produce and learn from this grow. Keep growing them got a long ways to go and start more seeds
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Thanks for the replies!
        Yeah, I am a bit afraid to water them now. I'll stop the training and feed them soon when they'll need it.

One more question, for the new batch. My grow tent is rather small. I'll get a couple of 3 gallons containers to fit with the 5g ones I have at the moment (space for roots is my last issue).
        For lights I'm using one Spider Farmer SF1000. They say it has 3x3 ft coverage. My tent is around 2.6x2.6 ft.
        Would this one Spider Farmer sat in the middle be enough for all of them? (2 new + 2 exisiting)
        Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          It is cramped in your tent can't you take out that roll of wire ? I dont have exaust tube at all i don't use one. My 3x3 floor i could fit 4 3gal pots easy but i don't have the stuff you got inside.

• karryn
          karryn commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh, I'll definitely rearrange. I like tetris. I can make them all fit. (except the roll which will have to go)

One more: when people say gallon around here, they mean the US one (~3.8 litres)? Not the imperial one (~4.5 litres).
        Just to be sure.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Well it's a US gallon for me, i just save the pots like my bushes came in they say 1 gal so i guess it's 3.8 L i never checked.

I think that the larger one looks promising and also mine had a lot of growth during week five. If the main stalk looks thick then I think it will be okay... but I think you might need more light. Look again at the ppfd map. It only shows 2x2 feet. Picture where 4 bags would sit on that map and you'll see most of your plants leaves would be in the corners and darker edges. I'm a beginner but my take is that you need at least "500" par for the flowering stage. I use 700. Honestly, I don't think you have enough light for four plants.

Is your tape measure showing how high the light is? In week 5 autoflowers should be getting almost their full light. (It's not how small or big they are, with autoflowers it's how old they are.) I think your lights should be at 18" at the most. That should help drive the growth spurt to come. And since your light only has one bright spot but you have two plants, I'd turn the plants every few days to even out the light.

I know you're concerned about the LST. Take it easy for the week. Keep the fan leaves from shading the node sites and if you have vertical branches at the end of the next week it won't be too late to lean them away from the center so they don't block each other's light.

In summary, lower that light, wait a week and post more pictures. Hope that helps.
        Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
        Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
        Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

Cheers 90Gizmo!
          Yeah the tape is for the light It's sat at 16" at the moment. 60% intensity, week 4.
          Almost full light means they should be around 90% starting next week?

I'll bump it up gradually and come back with more pics.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X