Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skinny, droopy, claws

Hello,

I am wondering why I have been running into this problem the last couple plants I’ve grown. The leaves near the top/bud sites get skinny and droopy. It has happened on my last plant as well as this one. The last plant recovered eventually but since it’s an auto I’m afraid it impacted overall quality of the flower in the end.

I have a perpetual harvest setup, harvesting about one plant per month. This problem seems to happen mainly in the winter, so I’m wondering if a low RH isthecause since it gets so dry where I live in winter. Although another plant that is a month older seems healthy and was never impacted by this. I have had a seed from ILGM and from seed supreme do this, as well. I also thought it was N overload due to the clawing, but I’ve flushed with plain ph’d water three times or so. It seemed to help a little at first but now it’s back to droopy skinny claws. I first noticed the problem pretty early into flower, maybe a week or so. Haven’t posted ina while so let me know if I need to provide more info.

se-5000 18/6, almost on full power.
    3x3 tent
    3 gal fabric pots
    ocean forest
    GH trio with plain water every other or so
    seed is critical purple auto from seed supreme

I would say low humidity or a little thirsty.
    keeping it green with the soil thing
    love me some frosty autos
    braap
    BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
    Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
    the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
    blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

At the top of the bud in pic 2, I see webbing, have you done a bug check using at least a 30x zoom?

Comment

Temps when lights out? If your plants are too cool retains water longer. I water when lights come on first thing and try to keep my tent at 80+f incorrect watering looks like.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Your top leaves have what I have called a mottled look in the past which in my case has meant they are full of water.

Try and match your temps to your RH for a VPD of around 1 to 1.4, lower side of a night higher side of a day and see hiw that goes.

Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
          Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
          Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
          Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 2 x Autos Greenhouse Seeds Amsterdam Sweet Mango, 2 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel. All feminised.
          Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
          Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

I too have experienced this. I believe it is a watering issue. Are you watering to runoff? I water my girls when they seem light or dry, usually every third day. I use GH Trio at 1/2 strength every time I water plus Cal-Mag every time. Water slowly so that the soil has the opportunity to absorb as much water as possible
            Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
            5 gallon cloth pots
            30"x30"x60" tent
            Spider Farmer SE3000
            Coco Pearlite mix
            GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Thank you everyone for the responses.

I thought it may be thirsty as well, but it has been like this since the last few waterings (plain water everytime, between 6 and 7 PH).

I have checked thoroughly for webbing and other signs of bugs and have not found any.

Temp when lights are out are about lowish 60s. I try to water in the morning as often as I can, but generally watering after normal working hours is just what I typically am able to do. Could this growth pattern be caused by just watering around 4 to 5 hours before the lights are out?

I was actually wondering if the leaves may be full of water, since, as you mentioned. So if my temps are generally in the 60s to low 70s daytime, and my RH is much lower (about between low 40s up to mid50s), I should try to raise my RH closer to what the temps are?

Yes, I am watering to runoff. My watering patterns sound similar to yours, as well. I water when the soil is dry on top and the pots feel lighter (about every three days). I also use a very similar feeding schedule of half strength GH trio with Cali Magic, but I will give it plain water every once in a while as well. I did try watering slower recently, and it definately absorbed more but the leaves are still having the same issues. However, I do think it has improved a bit since my last pics.

Comment

• OldManGrower
                OldManGrower commented
                Editing a comment
                Well it just may be one of those plants! Genetics account for so much even in seeds from the same plant. I had four plants identical in every way. Three were great and about the same. The fourth was one huge giant foxtail from beginning to end. If I uproot it, I'll probably find a fox buried there.

Could they be avoiding the light/too intense?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X