Warm Up Routines for Activity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warm Up Routines for Activity

Hi folks. Not sure this is the correct forum - but thought I would canvass the group for proper warm up routines for sports, etc. Retirement has opened time to do many things more often. My warm up routine for a trip to the weight room can be assessed out from the photo of this morning's preparations. The final hit of oil in the banger really gets the heart pumping, and now that I have hash making in my routine, the knives are out a lot! Has been very effective in preventing injuries and I even think it helps with endurance. However, the same routine is having a deleterious effect on my golf game - evidencing that more research and advice is needed. Fishing preparations are very similar, but include the normal post-activity beers from warm up to completion - and seem to be perfect. If there are any suggestions for warm up enhancement, please advise. and - cheers!
    A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

Mine is a walk around the grounds picking up sticks and looking for things that need done. Usually every day weather permitting. And usually have a herd of cats following. Takes a half hour or so when the weather is good and I'm ready for a break when I get back in.

Comment

• Bootsy
      Bootsy commented
      Editing a comment
      sounds close to taking Mom to the Mall. Warm up requires sativa fpor that one.

Coined term "optimal blend" (way back when) before playing tennis, a few puffs and a few cups of coffee. A little bit of up and a little bit of mellow at the same time.
    Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
    Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
    Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

• OldManGrower
      OldManGrower commented
      Editing a comment
      You can play tennis stoned? I can't do it straight.

• 90Gizmo
      90Gizmo commented
      Editing a comment
      Another "used to back then." Friends chipped in for and indoor winter court and 8pm Sunday was the cheapest court time. How could you not be stoned Sunday night at 8pm? Now I can barely carry the groceries in from the car but being stoned helps with that too.

I subscribe to to what I call the Mark Twain approach to exercise. Whenever I feel the urge to exercise I find a nice quiet place to lay down until it passes.
    Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
    Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
    Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• OldManGrower
      OldManGrower commented
      Editing a comment
      I used to be a devotee of that. Destroyed back has changed my focus to being more proactive.

I have recently become a devotee of a rowing machine. My warm up routine is as follows: 2 cups of black coffee, one toke on the pipe, insert earbuds and tune into Grateful Dead. I close my eyes and totally zone out, until its almost an out of body experience. I completely drift mentally and my body just goes through the work without my paying any attention to it. Next thing i know, thirty minutes has passed. I have gone as long as forty minutes but that's an effort. I really feel a lot better since I began this daily routine. This type of exercise works for me and I look forward to it everyday.
    Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
    5 gallon cloth pots
    30"x30"x60" tent
    Spider Farmer SE3000
    Coco Pearlite mix
    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

• dirtymike
      dirtymike commented
      Editing a comment
      Grateful Dead, grew up with the dead. Been dead since 74

Lol Bootsy
    Mulf or Molf, a cross of mulling up then trying to wack a little ball around a paddock hasn't really become mainstream here, not quite yet.
    2 cups of the finest espresso or derivatives there of and that keeps me going all day pretty much....
    Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
    Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
    Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
    Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

Coffee cup in hand take the dogs out in the back yard. Then refill coffee and standing at the kitchen counter i do standing up an down on my toes no squats and i'll move and stretch do some deep breathing and go back outside sit and read if it's not too cold. I don't smoke in the a.m. much unless someone is visiting and asks. I relax read let the coffee take effect. I use to when i was in my 20's do a doobie with coffee but not now it gets me unless it's a sativa low THC. But i grow heavy on the side of indicas for my evening smokes. I love walking
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• OldManGrower
        OldManGrower commented
        Editing a comment
        Walking is great exercise as long as you do it often and long enough. If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise.

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL yes both dogs are not fit as they could be do to me not caring to walk in cold rain or snow. So if they want they can go outback an run but they won't cause i'm not out there. These bones are not made for cold temps.

Bootsy Retirement? Golf? I'm about 18 months from a new routine. But I can't play golf stoned, I just can't understand why the shots I see in my head don't look like the actual results. I travel a lot for work. When I'm home I have found I like to walk the dog and smoke a reefer. No phone, unplugged. It's relaxing and clears my head. And the dog loves it. Takes about 30 mins. That's a daily routine weather permitting. And...some days we go morning and evening...depending on the stress load
      Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
      Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
      Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X