13 days from flip, 56 days from sprout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

13 days from flip, 56 days from sprout

This has been my first grow with photoperiods after 2 auto flower grows before. I gotta say I like photoperiods a hell of a lot more. These have been so much less temperamental than my autos were and are about 3-4 times larger than the autos ever got. To be fair I have been much better at controlling environmental factors this grow though. I uploaded a picture of what they looked like on the day of the flip and 2 of what they look like today after watering. That poor cookiedawg (Animal Cookies x Chem 4) in the front left was the recipient of literally every mistake I made. She did not like training and lost some branches to me being a stubborn fool. The cookiedawg in the back left was allowed to grow naturally with very little intervention because it had some growth issues early in veg so I never wanted to stress it more. The 2 on the right are both ice cream punch (gelato #33 x purple punch) and were each topped twice and had LST done throughout veg. I wish I could keep the temperature lower, it gets up to about 81 Fahrenheit but they dont seem to mind for now. I had no idea they would stretch so much so for next grow ill probably flip a bit sooner if im in the same size grow tent. Overall though im pretty happy with my first attempt with photoperiods. I am certainly open to constructive criticism though.

EDIT: definitely not trying to say autos are worse lol I just suck at growing them
    Last edited by SleepyTibbs; 03-22-2023, 08:21 PM.
    - 4'x4'x6.5' tent
    - 2 Cookiedawg, 2 Ice Cream Punch, all photoperiod, Sprouted Jan 25th
    - 5 gallon fabric pots raised about 1.5" for airflow and easy runoff cleanup
    - 2 spider farmer SF2000 at 85% 2ft over front plants much closer to back plants
    - Soil is FF Ocean Floor bottom 1/2 or so and top is FF Happy Frog
    - Water in veg was about 6.6PH and 78 degrees Fahrenheit, 6.3PH for flowering
    - RH usually around 50% Temp ranging from 78 Fahrenheit to 83 Fahrenheit
    - 6" Oscillating fan clipped to tent pole for air flow within tent
    - 6" carbon filter and fan for exhaust, 4" carbon filter and fan for intake​

Those look like healthy marijuana plants to me, good job.
    Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
    Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
    Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• SleepyTibbs
      SleepyTibbs commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks i kinda hope they stop stretching real soon

Love the different strains you got growing sounds like my cup of tea after about 3wks as the budlets form in many cases they quit growing taller and put energy into bud production ya know the stuff we want. Yep i'm a big fan of photos for all the reasons you said. Oh and if you really think your gonna run out of head space, take a moment and try looking up supercropping. I've done it for years without much issue harming the plant just saves the grow from hitting lights. Keep on doing what your doing they look really good.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Another method to slow/stop stretch is to limit or turn off your far reds. If that's not enough pluck leaves from the tallest colas you need to slow down or stop the stretch on but you need to get in early
      Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
      Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
      Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
      Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 2 x Autos Greenhouse Seeds Amsterdam Sweet Mango, 2 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel. All feminised.
      Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
      Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

So my tallest cola is now about 17inches from the lights, but they seem to have shifted energy to flowers now. Should I get some zipties so I can secure the light closer to the top and actually get that 20-24 inches of clearance?
        - 4'x4'x6.5' tent
        - 2 Cookiedawg, 2 Ice Cream Punch, all photoperiod, Sprouted Jan 25th
        - 5 gallon fabric pots raised about 1.5" for airflow and easy runoff cleanup
        - 2 spider farmer SF2000 at 85% 2ft over front plants much closer to back plants
        - Soil is FF Ocean Floor bottom 1/2 or so and top is FF Happy Frog
        - Water in veg was about 6.6PH and 78 degrees Fahrenheit, 6.3PH for flowering
        - RH usually around 50% Temp ranging from 78 Fahrenheit to 83 Fahrenheit
        - 6" Oscillating fan clipped to tent pole for air flow within tent
        - 6" carbon filter and fan for exhaust, 4" carbon filter and fan for intake​

Comment

• Bluey
          Bluey commented
          Editing a comment
          If your plants are showing signs of light stress, yes, get them up higher for sure. Better higher than ideal than lower than ideal also. I try and play it safe with mine but I still get some taco'ing of the leaves and a bit if praying to the sun which is the limit before you start harming them. That's my take on it.
          Edit. I'm not seeing light stress in your photos..but depends when they were taken of course
          Last edited by Bluey; 03-24-2023, 03:36 AM.

• golfnrl
          golfnrl commented
          Editing a comment
          You're running your lights at 80%? Does SF recommend the 20-24" above the canopy? Start with SF recommendations and adjust the height of your light to your plants preferences. Not sure if dimming your light changes the spectrum or not, (with HLG it does not) but if you run out of space you might have to dim the light a little bit. Some will also recommend super cropping to keep your plants out of the light. I have not used super cropping, but some on this forum do and can give you better guidance about it. Worst case scenario is your buds will grow into the light. That happened to me but it wasn't the end of the world. Still got fantastic buds from that grow.

• Bluey
          Bluey commented
          Editing a comment
          golfnrl you cannot use spiderfarmers height recommendations. I looked closely into that prior to buying these 2 SF-7000's. SF recommend a distance in flower that will kill your plants in a few days @ 100%. I'm at 35" on day 29 of flower and my nute deficient hybrid would be light stressed any closer..my healthy ones did start minor taco'ing at around 33" on day 14 of flower. I am running 2 lights and they are too close together so that does of course add to the height I need but SF recommend around 12 to 16" in flower from memory..way off..dead plants at that height.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X