defoliation first time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

defoliation first time

I have never used defoliation or LST practice. I usually top and water. So, I decided to give defoliation and LST a try.

These two plants are in the forth week of flower. What i have found to most difficult is the nutrient feeding because of the stress caused to the plant. so i have watched that very carefully.
    I read through Nebula Haze's article on defoliation and LST. I followed Nebula's steps and incorporated some of my own. I am taking slowly with a Bonsai approach. both strains are a Skunk strain.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0854.jpg
Views:	436
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	591620 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0855.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	591621 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0857.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	591622 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0856.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	158.7 KB
ID:	591624
    Attached Files

I'm no expert but to me those look great. What i've learned from this site with defoiliation also and it's helped focus bigger growth to the top 5-6" of cola is to remove tiny fluffy bud very low on branches near the soil. you clean out that center area lower to the dirt. Just a suggestion, sometimes those tiny buds give you a few grams but it's worth noteing that it also helps focus energy up higher in the plant. Hope i make sense LOL those do look good to me you should be proud
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

SoOrbudgal Thank you! i am really looking forward to how these turn out. I began going after the smaller low growth but clearly not enough. and as time went on I left them as I unsure about the stress on the plant after I had switched to 12/12. I began tying the branches back more and more to expose the small sites. so i hope i can get something from them. after this experience I see defoliation and LST as a must.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Well it does appear light is getting deep down and i get the fear of slow down doing too much. Oh your gonna be happy blueberry this grow will be good for learning an a harvest. I love training plants an i'm still green pretty much.

You are doing quite well. Continue doing what you are doing and add one or two new techniques on each grow, You will pick up a lot of experience and know what works well for you.
      Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
      5 gallon cloth pots
      30"x30"x60" tent
      Spider Farmer SE3000
      Coco Pearlite mix
      GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

OldManGrower thank you for the positive encouragement and compliment. I do like gardening as a rule. i have a garden and chickens. however my grow has to be further away from me. I look forward to when I have a situation where the room/grow can be in my house.

Comment

SoOrbudgal cheers!

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Back at ya sister

They look great to me. Good job!
          SF 35X47X70 tent
          SF1000 X4
          AC Infinity 6 inch exaust fan
          AC Infinity ocillating fan X2
          FFOF Soil
          FF Soil Trio. and CalMag
          GH Flora Series
          3 and 5 gallon fabric pots

Mango Sherbert
          Gelato Cake
          Grape Icecream auto by going2fast

Comment

Thats sure is alot of bud sites. Are you going to make a SOG. Looks like its doing it for you. Nice.

Comment

Your plants look healthy, defoliation and LST can work really well on some strains and not so well on others.

IMO I have used defoliation(well I removed selected fan leaves) to increase airflow and bud growth on the lower bud sites and to reduce humidty(reduce the chance of mold and bugs), its a tool just like topping, fim or lst, I read each plant and decide when the best time is, I only do what I need to, to get the best results.

some strains are a little sparse, so defoliation will reduce the crop size, but I never remove more than 20% of the fan leaves.

Comment

8 week flowering. enjoying the results of defoliation and looking forward to trying again with improvements!

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Beautiful chunky colas well done gal

Those look great!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X