What to do with old bud...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do with old bud...

HA...11.05 oz of thai, s.b.c and c.c.k ...O wait we have new oven that keep correct temp and two new cookie sheets... I am thinking RSO, especially after all the effort to come up with the Spryitus...What do you guys think of running the vodka through twice but not is the same batch...Only have a liter so I was thinking of washing two .05 oz jars with the same vodka, maybe even do both jars twice with same before evap..
    Attached Files

I regularly make rso for cancer patients with the pop corn buds. If you want I can share my process. Rso Does not require decarboxylation and you'll need pure ethanol. Using decarbed and vodka is actually called green dragon drinks

Comment

• changeofpace2014
      changeofpace2014 commented
      Editing a comment
      This flavor of Polish Vodka is 74% ABV..

9fingerleafs I would love to know your process I'm up for learning anything and everything. Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by changeofpace2014 View Post
      HA...11.05 oz of thai, s.b.c and c.c.k ...O wait we have new oven that keep correct temp and two new cookie sheets... I am thinking RSO, especially after all the effort to come up with the Spryitus...What do you guys think of running the vodka through twice but not is the same batch...Only have a liter so I was thinking of washing two .05 oz jars with the same vodka, maybe even do both jars twice with same before evap..
      Looks like a mouse trying to attack your stash!

Comment

• changeofpace2014
        Editing a comment
        ya but wanted to be sure you guys realized those were big 1/4 pound bags and not 1 0z bag..

First of all let's cover the vodka process. I found a recipe online (never done this drink myself) but I'm familiar with the science behind it. Basically you want a whipped cream canister and a couple of nitrous oxide cartridges to be able to break down the cannabis to a molecular level so everything infuses into the drink, specially flavours. If you already decarbed your material then skip the double boiler and go straight to the strainer after the nitrous oxide

https://www.vice.com/en/article/kbkv...with-marijuana
      Now for the RSO I use 99.99 lab grade ethanol (ethiloc alcohol) the one you can drink and the active ingredient in every alcohol beverage. It's not easy to find but that's the best. The second best option is grain alcohol like everclear. You want as much alcohol and the less water as possible. You will need an electric rice cooker, a big mason jar or other closed container, cheesecloth, gloves and syringes.

First you grind up the weed. You can use a blender or a regular grinder or you can even chop it with a knife. Then you place in a mason jar and fill with alcohol until completely submerged. Gotta leave it over night, shaking it a bit if you can to ensure all the resin dissolves into the alcohol.

Next day you pour everything thru the cheesecloth and use it to squeeze all the alcohol out and discard the plant material (use gloves) you are left with a greenish yellow liquid. Next step has to be done OUTSIDE because the alcohol will evaporate and can become a fire hazard in a closed room.

Pour the liquid into the rice cooker and turn it on high, it will start to evaporate the alcohol, use a spoon to stir every half hour and try to scrape the residue from the edges and disolver back into the liquid. Reducing can take several hours but eventually it will start to become thick like honey. It will bubble and stick to the spoon. Turn off the cooker and suck into the syringe (without the needle) you'll be able to fill several syringes, do it while it's still hot. Once cooled it'll become harder and won't be able to suck into the syringe.

Depending on how much weed you used it's the yield you'll get. I usually fill half gallon mason jar with ground up weed and half a gallon alcohol and make 30 to 40 1ml syringes. There will be rso left stuck in the cooker. I like to pour some fresh alcohol to clean everything up and save it for the next batch. You can also save it for drinks

Very important. NEVER EVER USE ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL. Liver turns it into acetone when consumed and you can die. Please be very careful. If you got any questions let me know

Comment

• changeofpace2014
        Editing a comment
        watched a nice video with a rice cooker but I think the one in the vid had the means to set an actual temp because she used it to decarb the alcohol after the run but before reducing.

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah people tweak the process according to their needs and equipment. In my experience there's no need to decarb because the reducing takes about 4 -5 hours so it decarbs during

• changeofpace2014
        Editing a comment
        I get it, no need to decarb what one is going to only smoke..however if one wanted to inject some RSO into a gummie bear, then decarb would be required..Like to have Options...

If you are leaning towards the green dragon route (i.e. wodka wash) I would suggest using the double boiler method for your extraction(s).

I have done this in the past with great success.
      Almost *too* good of success.

And remember kids, even if you vape your ABV is golden as well.
      Fresh buds = Green Dragon
      ABV = Golden Dragon/Swampwater.

Both will take you on a trip in your favorite rocket ship.

Comment

• dirtymike
        dirtymike commented
        Editing a comment
        Amen!!

Have to confess, this was the first attempt at RSO and clearly one needs a LOT of High Grade alcohol if processing more then 1 oz. Hope your sitting down for this number...A little of 5 oz process with 1 liter of Spryitus...I think the run should of stopped when there was a Rich Dark Golden Color but NO had to go for black.... Still have more to process but on the fence regarding a second RSO run "after another 65$ bottle of vodka" or Canna Butter...Truth being said I really like the brownie high..strap in and sit down...

As for the quality of the RSO not sure but I dredged the pan with some bud and let me say one good pull on the bong and I was really high for a long time...
      Attached Files

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks great. Using a lower alcohol content means it has more water. That water is harder to evaporate so that's why the more liquid consistence but I'm sure it's super potent and flavourful, just harder to manipulate and handle. It's a deal breaker if you're trying to sell it but for personal consumption it all good. Congrats

• changeofpace2014
        Editing a comment
        If this is how one wanted to process there grow then a Still would be in order for the high ABV..Cheap..booze...The high is good.....but not quite like eating a really good brownie..

• changeofpace2014
        Editing a comment
        I only ran each oz through 1 time, so after several oz it was really dark and had to filter, before another run.....Waste, I suspect one could get the same result with 1 oz and multiple wash... .

Thanks Nebula for the RSO articles...

Comment

At it again but this time some bubble.....around 6 oz of blue berry dried and cured and then a run of left over old bud...This run was a mix of 3 grows....post a little pic later...Note on old weed I think it would be best to make oil out of it rather then bubble because it is really hard to break up, even when frozen...
        Attached Files

Comment

The blue berry 45 m bag has the darkest hash... Looks like a lot, but when compared to the amount of bud that went in.....but hey a little more room for the last b.b plants...not to mention I was out of jars and was in need of about 7 jars.....the planned seed run went in to the bubble hash run plus most of the old bud....
          Attached Files

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X