LED-HLG or Kind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED-HLG or Kind?

Gonna get a LED rig for a 5x5 tent and have more or less narrowed it down to an HLG Diablo or a Kind X750. I’m leaning toward the Kind because of the variability of not only the full spectrum but IR/UV as well, but the HLG seems to get more love from the research I’ve been doing.
    If anyone has experience with either or hopefully both of these would appreciate some feedback. They both have 5 year warranties but the Kind claims 100K hours while the HLG is 50K, may just be mfr optimism. Thanks.​

Hi Rodney1. I have only grown with HLG lights. I started with HLG 100, then their 360 Elite, and now I have a 350R in a 3x3 tent and a Scorpion R Spec 60-600 watts in a 4x4 tent. The Scorpion is my best light so far. The light fills the tent and I like the dimmer. I'm on my third grow with it. The first two grows produced the best weed I've ever grown. I'm getting ready to start my second grow with the 350R. I switched to the 350R mid-grow to get the red spectrum. The plants loved it. HLG's customer service is good. I have never failed to get a good answer to my questions without a long wait, it's usually been same day. Both lights have high red spectrum. I'm sure you wouldn't go wrong with a Kind grow light. I like HLG and recommend them. I think you're right about the MFR optimism on the warranty.
    Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
    Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
    Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X