Copper sulfate for mold control? YUCK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copper sulfate for mold control? YUCK

I may have posted this a while ago but i can't remember. A friend who I gave clones to last year was by and gave me some RSO she made. While talking about the grow and how it went, she mentioned trouble with bud rot and how she used the blue stuff. I asked for details. Turns out she made a solution of copper sulfate and sprayed down the entire plants, buds and all. I will pass. I warned her, but she did not see it as a problem.
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

I agree with you, I would not touch it either. "Trifecta Crop Control" is all natural and claims to be safe up to harvest. I have used it to control bud rot, it left no taste behind. But I would only use it to keep from loosing my crop. Oh BTW it is pricey.

Comment

Howdy Ckbrew, maybe your friend just wants so real 'killer' weed! Copper sulphate is poisonous to humans as well as molds. One might as well use arsenic or cyanide compounds as they will kill off the mold as well! (No, not really, never use any poisonous compound on anything that you plan to ingest!)
      The best (and safest) way to control the mold is by keeping the humidity down and having plenty of air circulation for the plants.
      Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X