Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Run/Drain method has been successful for me but.does anyone still using it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Run/Drain method has been successful for me but.does anyone still using it?

I have been growing successfully for 4 years, healthy girls with run/drain method, coco, GP trio and CalMag in indoor tents and plastic pots. The last grow I decided to try soil, fabric pots and organic nutes with limited success, smaller girls and lower yeilds. (Gorilla Glue was potent but the plants were short and had nice buds but the trichomes weren't as large and "sticky" as before.) My question is, does anyone still use run/drain in plastic or am I "behind the times" or "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"???

Oops, really screwed up typing the title!

Comment

Howdy Grandpateddy, If you are referring to a DWC or RDWC system as the run/drain method, yes. I don't use coco as a grow medium, just net pots with hydrotron pebbles. Eleven successful grows so far.
      Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

YES, lots of people grow Flood & Drain hydro.... but maybe not in this forum.

I wonder if you have heard of OctoPots(tm) or their DIY version, the micro Octopots? Simply put, all the benefits and control your system offers with 25% of the effort.

Take a look in that direction for some new ideas.

-Grouchy
        Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	99
Size:	285.5 KB
ID:	591147
        Last edited by grouchyoldman; 03-12-2023, 03:33 PM.
        My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
        I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
        Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

I use AutoPots, same concept. Love the system myself

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X