Okies, will it pass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okies, will it pass?

We get to vote for recreational here in our state, and I see a lot of nay sayers coming out with their old and negative views. I will vote for it, though I am not sure it will pass. I will vote for it because it will give more control and help keep it out of reach of children, keep some out of jail, let the LEOs have time for real crimes. And remember it's already out there, it's just illegal, but what does that really mean? To me that means the crime boss has the advantage, he/she can sell to anyone with money to but it, yep that means the kids!
    I could go on, but what I say will not change the vote. I will not ask how anyone else votes, not my place, but I will say>
    Okies go vote!

Keep doing what your doing Rwise best of luck this time around
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

SoOrbudgal With this being a "special" election, many will not go vote, I will be headed out at 9 to go do my part. We'll see how it goes.

Comment

I’m hopeful Rwise for all of the reasons you’ve stated. I’m only optimistic because the new Oklahoma AG is against it. He’s a Drummond. That’s very old money in OK and they have boatloads of it. I think it has a chance to pass but I’ve spoken with a couple of dispo owners and they’re not sure if it will help or hurt them. I’m told The recreational weed will be capped at a certain level of thc. Kinda like low-point beer used to be capped at 3.2 in OK. I’m afraid the politicians will ruin what we have with medical. You know how that goes once they start dinking with the law.
        Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
        Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
        Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

golfnrl just got back from the polling place, no line only 1 person in front of me and 1 other voting, another coming in behind me. Slow but steady was the comment. My fear is with this being the only thing on the ballet few will show up. And the top LEO in tulsa is against it too, IF those that want this go vote, it will pass, but will they?
          That THC limit is to be applied to our medical as well, makes me glad I grow my own and they cannot control the THC content in that! I read somewhere Oklahoma killed 3.2 beer, may it rest in peace.

Comment

No voters should have stayed home.
            Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
            Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
            Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              Well they did just that!

State Question 820 was defeated by a count of 349,121 against (61%) to 216,883 (38%) in favor, a difference of 23 percentage points, according to the State Election Board. The statewide voter turnout was 25.35%
            This is exactly what I was afraid was going to happen with this being the only thing on the ballot.

Comment

Sometimes low voter turnout is good...sometimes it's not. I was thinking this time it would have helped. This vote though is a good picture of the political landscape in OK as far as how the state population votes, city v rural.
              Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
              Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4

Comment

Yes it seems they prefer to keep rec in the hands of organized crime, those that sell to children and then send the money south of the border. I could use terms such as uneducated, but that dose not fit. So keep it in the schools, keep the money going to those against us, keep our courts and jails full, no need to reduce crime~
                I have my medical card why should I care!?!

Comment

• Blowdout2269
                  Blowdout2269 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I wouldn't doubt if organized crime/cartels had their hand in rec and medical already. Especially in CA. And could potentially do the same in OK. The strain on LEOrganizations as a whole is ridiculous. What's really funny is that most of us think that it's big pharma or tobacco giants. Though the majority of our nation's prisons are not federal. In reality it's private correctional facilities. These folks have money, and they lobby hard.
                  The whole system is screwed up. How can states the deny the millions if not billions of dollars in tax revenue. Just imagine cannabis being legalized in all 50 state's...the amount of state and federal income it would produce. We could have the national deficits damn near eliminated within a couple decades. Not to mention funding for schools, hospitals, and addiction care.
                  Sorry. I get going about this issue sometimes, lol.
                  Hell, I was absolutely shocked when medical passed in my state. That's my first time voting in this state. aslo. Had to do my part!
                  ✌🙂👍

I went out and voted for it. Would have liked getting some out of state money. Surprised me when we got medical. As long as I can grow my own without interference I'm happy. It bothers me that so many people feel bad about somebody feeling good. Oh well I got to vote.
                Focus and relativity.

Comment

Not this time. Special elections usually don’t do well. It gives the opposition focus on one subject and those opposed the time to create a good story to match their ‘alternative facts’.

In Arizona it took two tries to get recreational and 3 for Medical. It also took the passage of a bill to stop the gutting and radical change of public initiatives. Truth and patience WILL win out - this is a train there is no stopping. There may be a few inclines and detours but the train IS coming into the station.

Re cartels - the balancing act will always be there call the participants what you will, cartel or capitalist; it’s all the same - trying to profit off of the will of the people. There is a LOT of speculation when it come to the situation in OK with illegal grows and cannabis being shipped over the border that the state government not only monitored and was aware of the situation(s) for some time and but also ‘allowed’ them to happen as fuel for their anti cannabis campaign. ✌️

I am still so darn proud of my fellow Okies for passing medical I really don’t have the words. But for those who have never lived in the bible belt- I don’t think you really appreciate how hard it is to step up and step out of line with the social norm. Sure everybody smokes in Oklahoma too - legal or not; but that’s a far cry from being bold enough to actually not only register but be seen and known to publicly support legalization. The biggest thing stopping cannabis from being as common as tomatoes is the all to common and recently reinforced lie that you don’t have a say in how things turn out and that it doesn’t matter anyway and that your vote doesn’t matter or that the whole thing is somehow rigged with a predetermined outcome.
                  Last edited by BU2B; 03-09-2023, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Why sign the petitions if your not going to go vote. The problem was the phat lazy voters did not go vote, they signed to get the vote and then blew it off, I am disappointed in them!

Comment

• BU2B
                      BU2B commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I agree. Not passing it only hurts one’s self. I think everyone thought everyone else would vote ☹️. Next round … SMOKE THE VOTE campaign!!!

Every vote matters every time. We tend to think our votes don't count. The only way that is true is if we don't vote. It makes sense when we see the vote tally where there is a big gap, but that is deceiving because lots of elections are decided by just a few votes. I'm not an expert but do have experience, ballot initiatives are hard to win on their face simply because voters are being asked to change the status quo. A NO vote is the easiest thing to do, and that's what a lot of eligible voters do, or they don't vote at all. Ballot measures are also information driven. When voters are unsure, confused about the issue, or they hear/see people they trust saying vote no, that's what they do. In this election there were high profile LEO's publicly against it. That helped the other side. I don't recall seeing much advertising for the vote YES campaign. I want the regulation for all the reasons that have been stated in this thread. I don't think we have figured out how to market cannabis yet. I see it as a new revenue stream for the betterment of everyone. I have lobbied my own state reps about it but they are scared and don't want to make waves.

Comment

Here's something I imagined. If you go to vote for something like this, then you can "Potentially" mark yourself as a target for the law if the vote fails to pass. I think this is why no one goes out to vote on such a tender topic for the truly ignorant people running the show. I mean by now, there is so much forward and positive research out here now, it is very hard for me to ignore. Also, I think it's highly unconstitutional to force me to lose any civil rights for some dum medical card. I say make everyone who buys and consumes alcohol get a medical card, go into yet another data base that no one knows how it gets used. And, pre-alert the law by self incriminating everyone. I just cant see clearly how much "good" it is. Law people would rather go after easy marks than hardened criminals. I say, "Don't Mark Yourself". Just my personal view.
                      Cb-Ng

Comment

I can agree with you ChubbNugg the exact reason I did not get a MJ tax stamp when tulsa sold then some years ago, then their law dogs told them they may have made it legal for those that hold the tax stamp. I wish I had one now, they may hold some value in the near future. Paranoia can rule some folks lives, I'll go vote anyway!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X