Dwc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dwc

Hello, I haven't grown from seed in a long time. But I have about 3 week old seedling in a dwc. The roots popped threw the net Feb 23 in to the water. About a week ago I bought some silica blast and added 10 mil of silica 20 mil of cal mag, 15 mil of Cali pro a and b and 10 mil of uc roots. .
    since adding the silica blast . At least I think the plant slowed down in growth and the roots are not exploding out of the net. They were in the beginning. So my question is. Is the silica blast causing me to have a lockout. I changed out the nutes and didn't add any uc roots or silica. The water is about an inch below the net pot. The water has plenty of air . Like it's boiling. Originally I was thinking all the movement was shocking the roots. Because some roots did break off.
    thanks any advice would be appreciated
    ​​​​​​​The strain is Cinderella pineapple by grim bros

Si will not cause lockout but Ph problems will, don't see any mention of that.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

What's the temp of the water?
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Water temp is 68, pH 5.8

Comment

Breaking the roots will slow plants down so be careful there, the temperature isn't bad but could come down a couple degrees IMO, let your pH drift between 5.8 and 6.3 up and down, cal/mag in hydro needs 6.2 to fall into range.

Looking at the leaves with the tip and edge burn the next question would be Ppm/ec? How many gallons to mil?

Comment

• Ryguy
            Ryguy commented
            Editing a comment
            My ppm are at 535. Something I can't wrap my head around. You said the cal mag need to be 6.2 to fall into range. Then why does everyone recommend keeping the pH at 5.8 sweet spot ?
            I did raise my pH to 6.2. I really hope it solves my problem.

5.8 as a low and 6.3 as a ceiling is the sweet spot for hydro and coco, cal does not become available till 6.1, Boron loses at 6. Boron starts the symbiotic biomechanical relationship making all the nutrients available, Calcium is 2nd and is responsible to carry nitrogen then so on down the line, everyone has a job in an order.
          Boron and calcium kiss each other around 6. so drifting between 5.8 and 6.2 is ............picking up what I'm laying down?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20211028-023117_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	590553

Now that we've mentioned Ppms.... are you on R/o water? City? Well? What is your Base reading?

After looking at your plant again it looks like there is some tearing, any chance some of the marks are from rough handling?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X