Hash oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hash oil

Any ideas on a shelf life for hash oil? Stored in the syringe in a case in the fridge.

does it not go hard / waxy in the syringe....that would be a real pita.... Actually waiting on new oven with correct temp control...so I can discard several ounces of old Sativa grow...

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
      Bowhunterwoody commented
      Editing a comment
      Not really. Just really thick. Still drips really slow, thinking because of the cold. Just wondering if it holds on to the potency over time. Just made some fresh oil but had a few mls left from last year. Bought a big toaster oven dedicated for decarb. Fits a jar and an oven thermometer perfectly. Temp runs high on the dial but I monitor and control it by the oven thermometer temp.
      Last edited by Bowhunterwoody; 03-09-2023, 02:18 PM.

• changeofpace2014
      changeofpace2014 commented
      Editing a comment
      Like the dedicated toaster oven....Good Call

Dispo syringe gives no storage directions. Made by and exp date are 1 year + 6 weeks apart on one I bought last month. Tells you that they can't guarantee % after that point but not the speed of degradation.
    Last edited by Puglover1; 03-10-2023, 12:01 AM.
    Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
    Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
    Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
    Various size fabric grow bags
    Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
    4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
    Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

Thanks Puglover1.

Comment

Hey! As far as I know, hash oil has a pretty long shelf life when stored properly. Keeping it in a syringe in a case in the fridge is a good way to preserve its potency and freshness. Generally, if stored in a cool, dark place, it should last several months to a year. However, it's always a good idea to check the expiration date on the packaging or consult with the manufacturer to be sure.
        I use CBD oil more than hash oil because it has no THC. Its shelf life can vary depending on the type of oil and how it's stored. Some oils may only last a few months, while others last a year or more. This can also depend on the manufacturer, but if you store it in a cool and dry place, it should last more. I get CBD oil on the green roads website and it's never gone bad. It's mostly because I use it up fast, but I still try and store it properly.
        Last edited by PauTerry; 05-08-2023, 09:05 AM.

Comment

The shelf life of hash oil depends on several factors, such as the quality of the oil, how it was extracted, and how it's stored. Generally, if it's stored in an airtight container in a cool, dark place such as a fridge, it can last for several months to a year. However, the potency and flavor may degrade over time. It's best to check the manufacturer's recommendations and use your senses to determine if the oil is still good to consume. If it looks, smells, or tastes off, it's better to dispose of it and get a fresh supply.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X