Do these look heathy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HYDRO Do these look heathy

I’m new to this. Iv tried to grow a few different times. And can’t make it past 2 weeks. I found out I was giving to much nutrients and going a lot different this time. This is day 6. Do these look heathy or to tall. If it’s to tall already. Not sure how to stop that and Iv already lowered the light

Hey Sasmall. Welcome aboard. Give us some details on your grow set up. I don't grow in hydro so I can't comment on that but a couple of thoughts from your pics. A couple of leaves look wet. That can cause a burn from the light. The sprouts are 6 days old? Do you see roots growing out the bottom or sides of your rock wool? If so it's time to move the sprouts into another container. How high is your light? What kind of light are you using at this stage of your grow? When your sprouts get tall, or 'leggy' moving the light closer will help as you have done. Can you dim your light?
    Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
    Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
    Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

Hey. Thank you. I have a 2 by 4 growtent. And a spider farmer led light. The light started out at 13 inches starting the ppfd at around 250. Raised it to 300 ppfd at between 12 and 13 inches and yes the light Dims The leaves were wet cause they seemed dry before I left for work so I misted them with a spray bottle. Should I not do that And yes. Tommarow morning will make day 7. The roots are coming out throught the bottoms and sides. What’s your suggested on what to put it in next. And netpod or something. Or should I place it in my hydroponics bucket

Comment

• BU2B
        BU2B commented
        Editing a comment
        In net pot in hydro bucket ASAP if you already have roots coming out of your rock wool. Many - myself included germinate their seeds separately and then immediately transfer to your starting medium - I use jiffy pods but it’s the same concept.

My setup in a 4x2
      Attached Files

Comment

• BU2B
        BU2B commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice 👍🏼 I have no idea where you’re going to grow out that many seedlings but I don’t think it’s gonna be in that tent. To alleviate the heartbreak of having to let them die - maybe give a few away and next time cut back a bit. As 90Gizmo mentioned a fan is a good idea to help strengthen the stalks. I also have found with the help of the observational skills of others that more light during veg mode will produce shorter stalkier plants with closer nodes 😉 More light as in longer hours not higher intensity

• ZigZag
        ZigZag commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, a fan will help them develop more fiber in the stalks/ stems. You definitely have too many plants for your space so that’s a concern. I’d get them all into their final pots and then see which do the best and keep them. You could also try some training techniques that keep them on the smaller side. Check the tutorial and journals on “ sea of green”, might find some of that useful. But get them into their pots ASAP those roots need the good stuff to grow big above the ground-so to speak. Strong lights that are too close will tend to keep your plants a bit shorter,often with closer internodes. But your ppfd seems plenty strong, I start my seedlings at 200 first week, 300 second week, 400 third & fourth weeks, 600 until the 6th week and then 800 for the remainder. Then no light the last three days. Hope that helps,

Get a gentle fan blowing in there. It's practically a requirement to get thick stalks.
      Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
      Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
      Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X