Are these leaves dying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are these leaves dying?

I am a new grower on my 3rd grow. This time I'm growing Purple Punch & Wedding Cake Autos from Herbiei's Seeds. They said the the PP time frame was 50 - 60 days. Today (see pic) I am at 76 days. The hairs are brown and turned in, but some tricones are still clear and I've only seen a handful of amber ones. My question pertains to the way my leaves are yellowing and some falling off. My PH is always checked and is between 6.3-6.8 with declorinated H2O. Do they look like this because of end of life, P & K deficient, or something else? Should I go ahead and harvest or will it hurt to keep going until I see amber tris?

Any help from you pros would be greatly appreciated.
    Rock

Yes they're dying, some of it is from lack of something but it's to far done to do much now. You can cut some of the bigger yellow bl/br spotted dead leaves off in preparation of harvest other then that just keep going till you make the call.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Should I let them go a few more days until more tris go amber or go ahead and cut it? I'll post a pic of the tris next

Comment

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        That leave looks good to go but.....
        You need to look at the base of the hairs where it comes from the actual bud meat that you smoke, that's the spots to judge dunnage.

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello rock3822 please do not harvest yet even though breeder gives you a " time frame " keep scoping the trichs on the buds. If she were mine i'd continue her with plain H2o and remove the dying leaf little by little keep her going she'll reward you she's sick which is why she's taking longer but she'll be better given alittle more time an care.

How do they smell and stickiness? As it matures these both drop off as a sign of the times.

Comment

3Berries, thanks for your reply. The buds are sticky and very smelly and look like they are still thickening up. I've only spotted about 10% of the tris being amber so I'm a few days away from harvest . . . I think. I'm especially needing to know is it normal for all the larger leaves to start yellowing near end of the life cycle or if I have some kind of deficiency. My brother is growing the exact same Purple Punch and the same age, but his leaves are still green. We are both growing in Living Soil and I have brewed some tea for both of them a few weeks ago. They shouldn't be lacking in anything. I'm baffled.

Comment

As the plants mature they will start draining the minerals out of the older leaves. Nothing to worry about unless it's at the top. If all things are 100% good they will say green. Some will turn off nutes at the end which accelerates the issue.

I leave them on until they come off with no effort.

Comment

Unfortunately, my yellow leaves with brown spots are at the top of the plant.

Comment

I'd turn down the lights power somewhat for the duration. Looks like what I get towards the end and I think it's lack of K during the stretch and onward that does it.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X