No announcement yet.

This Plant is DEAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't get why folks don't start their own threads. What happened to the dead plant thread i guess it died.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Blowdout2269
      Blowdout2269 commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad someone finally said it.

Yes evertime i do someone gets butt hurt, then i get a lecture on differences
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      The world's is just butt hurt, don't take it personal but The Plant Is Dead!.... everything Iv been trying to talk about is relevant to why and how not to do it again.

Do you not agree that the plant at the beginning of this post is nute and light burnt?

Should I just talk about my Cat on here?

• Blowdout2269
      Blowdout2269 commented
      Editing a comment
      What's wrong with your cat? Lol.

I absolutely agree with you Mr.furley. I treat every word you say as gospel. The only reason I'm not doing it exactly right is money. When I get that, I will upgrade. For now, I will have to settle for other little nuances. like lighting adjustment, adding a fan, soil and water pH and any other thing I deem to help them in their journey. And btw I talk to my cat all the time. She helps me solve the problems of the universe. I'll be honest... I don't even have the money for a bottle of pH down right now.
    Last edited by OverMedicated; 01-13-2023, 06:42 PM.

Comment

• OverMedicated
      OverMedicated commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Bluey, I should have known. There is almost always a simple solution. Now for these sugar ants!

• 3Berries
      3Berries commented
      Editing a comment
      OverMedicated Ants are easy. Just mix some sugar and borax and leave it where they can get it. Keep the pets away.

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      Go easy with the lemon juice. 1 drop could lower a litre of nute mix from pH 7.0 to 6.5 easily....if only mixing small amounts of nute mix add 1 drop to 100ml of water and pour out half or more before adding to mix to dilute it further

Bluey I understand and I will be using Real Lemon* that crap is acidic! I read somewhere that you could use 1-2 tbsp white vinegar / gal water to bring the ph from 7.8 to about 6.5.

Comment

If money is a problem here's what you do, get a plastic bucket and fill the bottom with shredded paper (anything, tissues, junk mail, etc). Go dig up some worms and put them in there, as many as you can find. Red wigglers are best but any soil worm will work. Save food scraps that are not meat or dairy. Throw some into your bucket, cover with shredded paper, and only add more food when the other food is mostly gone.

Keep doing that until your next time to plant. Mix this with your soil and plant, and keep making worm compost. Every few weeks throw a quarter inch of worm castings on the top as mulch. Don't use any nutrients. You don't need any anymore. The worms will also bring beneficial bacteria and fungi in their bellies to fight off bad bacteria and fungi, you'll get some awesome predator mites to fight off pests, and the compost provides all the nutrients you need.

You know what has nitrogen? Old composted plants. Phosphorus, potassium, magnesium? Composted plants. Selenium, calcium, every other nutrient that your plants need? Composted plants. Amino acids, enzymes? You guessed it, turns out composted plants have all the exact same things plants need. It's the cycle of life, how nature does it Just water with plain old water, filtered is good, no pH balance necessary. When you make it yourself, it's the cheapest nutrient around, all it costs is a bucket, and keeps your food scraps out of the landfill and your nutrient runoff out of the sewer system.

Comment

• OverMedicated
        OverMedicated commented
        Editing a comment
        Composting 101 and I understand all of that, but I can't bring that much nature into my house! I live in a little duplex and I fight for the 2X6 farm I have now! No worms and bugs to kill predators hell, I don't even have any. I've been growing in my closet for 2 years and have not had one infestation or fungus or mold or disease of any kind. The only thing I get are those little toadstools that grow out of the potting soil. I'm just not quite as hands on as you and do most of my ingredient shopping at the garden store.
        You have to remember... I'm using Miracle-Gro so there is no need for me to feed it any supplements other than a good dose in time for the bud stretch. This is a simple set-up, but I'm tweaked for good results and when I get to redo all of this it will be awesome. Using Miracle-Gro sucks, and I really hate it and if I could it would be gone tomorrow. I've got Miracle-Gro figured out though...it kills the plant when it's at the peak of health and holds in suspended animation. The plant ages no more... it just dries out. Which is exactly what is happening with these plants as they are sticky then they are not, but lower down they are which proves they are dying from the top down. The trick to harvesting Miracle-Gro plants is to get them right when they start to die. I should clarify that statement; what I'm trying to say is when they start to not feel sticky.
        Last edited by OverMedicated; 01-14-2023, 05:39 AM. Reason: Just to make sense

This has been an interesting read 😁
      Hats off to the crew who has has come running to help. You’re patience, expertise and guidance are admirable and awe inspiring!
      Click image for larger version

Name:	2EE53A0D-7A46-4923-8169-7C525FFC4453.gif
Views:	119
Size:	237.1 KB
ID:	585485
      and you, OverMedicated , even you look better! Thanks for the journey and sharing your woes and worries. It’s not often an easy thing to do to open one’s self up for critique and criticism.
      Y’all make me proud to be a GWE member! Thanks ✌️

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X