Humidifier in g room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Humidifier in g room

Anyone use a humidifier I'm their grow if so what type and brand. What is your target RH?

In the winter, I put an open jar of water directly in front of my tent heater. The evaporation tends to raise humidity 8-10 points above the level outside the tent.
    Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
    5 gallon cloth pots
    30"x30"x60" tent
    Spider Farmer SE3000
    Coco Pearlite mix
    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

I use this one :

It can be controlled from your phone and it has an auto on/off feature to keep humidity levels consistent. You can also disable the small led screen for flowering. This one works for me but your setup may need something else.

Humidity levels change from veg to flower and depending on the temp in your tent. I didn’t have to add humidity during veg but during flower I’m at 40-50%.

Hope this helps

Comment

I've got two of these running. Had them for two years now no problems. Easy to fill and clean and quiet. One would be more than enough for a 5x5 tent.
        keeping it green with the soil thing
        love me some frosty autos
        braap
        BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
        Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
        the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
        blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

Originally posted by Cleanly View Post
          I use this one :

It can be controlled from your phone and it has an auto on/off feature to keep humidity levels consistent. You can also disable the small led screen for flowering. This one works for me but your setup may need something else.

Humidity levels change from veg to flower and depending on the temp in your tent. I didn’t have to add humidity during veg but during flower I’m at 40-50%.

Hope this helps
          I've heard evaporative is better than ultrasonic

Comment

I use an AC Infinity humidifier because they can be set up to operate outside of the grow tent. It’s an ultrasonic humidifier, so you need to use distilled or RO water in the humidifier. Otherwise, you will notice a fine white powder (minerals from the tap water) on everything in your tent including your inline filter. I use the small 4.5 liter model for my 2x4.

The AC Infinity are out of stock, but there are similar reptile foggers that can be placed outside of the tent.

Attached Files
            2x4 AC Infinity tent
            Timber 3VL (320 watt from the wall. (previous HID grower)
            FFOF Soil grower, General Hydro Flora Series nutes
            AC Infinity fans (exhaust and oscillating pole fans)

Comment

The winters in Cape Cod are wicked cold and dry so humidity control is essential.

I prefer warm steam and the Optimus brand is the best I've found. I have the 3 gallon unit and it will run for 12+ hours on a filling. It also has an accurate humidistat controller and if the power goes off it "remembers" the settings. You can use ordinary tap water without problems because it has a unique wicking system that reduces maintenance.

My plants seem to love the warm steam and there isn't any mineral dust in the grow room.
              My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
              I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
              Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

I use ultrasonic misters and rainwater. I run the water though a coffee filter then add 5 mL per gallon of H2O2 to kill any bacteria. Use to use bleach but it leaves a film if there is not constant ventilation..

Comment

I used a wet towel hung in the grow room with the fan oscillating across it......it raised the RH 5 to 10% but needs a wet down about every 3 to 4 hours....which you could use a mister or a dripper set up with automation.
                  Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
                  Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
                  Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
                  Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
                  Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
                  Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X