Autos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autos

Good morning (?) I thought I'd try my luck with autos next and instead of asking these questions on facebook where I'd get 100 different opinions (some of which snarky) I thought I'd start here.
    My first question...do autos need 18/6 lighting all the way through to harvest? and, are 3 gallon cloth pots good enough for them?

As always, thank you and peace!

No Yes....

Autos can take 24 hr lighting if you want. No need for an off period unless you want to give them a daily rest. I go 20/4 with mine. 3 gallons is big enough for tents with limited height but pot size will influence final plant size. I use 3.5 gallon plastic buckets.

just my experience.

Comment

• Blowdout2269
      Blowdout2269 commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree completely with 3Berries. This is a simple, straight to the point answer to your questions.

Hi demcc3 . You'll get a bunch of different answers here too. I choose my lighting based on DLI and a maximum PPD. At 18/6 I can turn my 350 watts of lights down to 80% which I think is easier on the lights. You can also raise and lower the lights to vary PPD which I think was the old school way before dimmable LEDs. Or you can tweak all the variables to achieve some special purpose.

With my very limited experience with 2, 3 and 5 gallon containers I've gotten roughly an ounce per gallon pot size. Though I'm like the opposite direction from the master growers here so there's better advice to come.

Good luck with your grow!
    Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
    Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
    Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

Question- if the lights dont matter with autos- why not 12 -12 ..... Ive heard they grow more in the darkness as well.......
      First timer grower
      Current Grow-
      Three King Strain Nov 3 - Clone of that strain also

Autoflowers Alaskan Ice and Zkittles

Comment

• 3Berries
        3Berries commented
        Editing a comment
        They do metabolize sugars made and stored during the lights on time in the darkness.

I think autos with such a short burnt in lifespan need all the help they can get when they are alive.

• 90Gizmo
        90Gizmo commented
        Editing a comment
        It's not the hours; it's the light energy. Shorter time needs brighter or closer lights . Not both. Longer time needs dimmer or farther aways lights.

The only real difference between autos and photos is the lighting schedule. If you can grow one, you can do the other,
      Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
      5 gallon cloth pots
      30"x30"x60" tent
      Spider Farmer SE3000
      Coco Pearlite mix
      GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

I'm just starting 4 auto seeds gonna give them 24hrs as sprouts with a CFL for a couple to 3wks then run them in the tent on 20 on 4 off. I've done 18-6 lots of time with them but just giving them more longer light hit for this run.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I've been growing only Autos for the last 3 years. I only go 18/6 due to the fact my electric rates are a bitch. Their 6 hours of sleep time are during the day when the rates are higher. I'm in Michigan. Probably the same where your at too.

My tent is only 4' tall (big mistake, get a taller tent if you can). So I grow with 2 gallon bags. Some I top & some I don't. Some will grow right up to the lite at 4'. Outside I use 5 gal bags (photos are grown outside).

Hope that helps. Happy Pfarming!
          Mother Earth Coco/Perlite 70/30
          Canna Coco Or
          Happy Frog soil
          Fox Farms nutrients trio
          Smart pots
          Vivosun tent, LED lite & fan

Semper Fi brothers and sisters!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X