leak light check while in flower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

leak light check while in flower

best way to check for light leak while in 3rd week flower, least amount of stress?
    thank you
    Starts
    12-22-2022
    Ends
    12-23-2022

That depends upon your setup. Are you in a tent, room, closet, shed???
    Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
    5 gallon cloth pots
    30"x30"x60" tent
    Spider Farmer SE3000
    Coco Pearlite mix
    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Howdy BlueberryGIrl , Like OMG stated, what is Your growing setup? I am growing in a bubble phonics style hydroponic system, and I prevent light leaks by covering the net pots (pebbles) with aluminum foil and NOT using any clear tubing anywhere. To check the reservoir (tub or buckets), they must be empty and hold them up to a strong light source with your hand on the outside of the container. If you can see a shadow of your hand, then the container allows too much light thru and should be covered with aluminum foil or an opaque film.
      Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Does the moon leak light?

Comment

• 90Gizmo
          90Gizmo commented
          Editing a comment
          The Sun leaks through the Moon to night.

hi there, thanks for responding, first i forgot i posted the question and then i just well forgot!

i am in a room. one window sealed up with vents. and a door. and a couple plug ins that have a red/yellowish light.

I was panicking. i thought i had a hermie, AGAIN!- but i think what was happening was the plants were or are very robust and the pre flowe/pistil pods looked TOO close to a male but
        in the end, i took out only one plant and i regret it because i think it was fine.

I have been struggling with the grow room since I moved into it. three shite grows because of light leaks that occurred after I secured the room. anyway I am flying it now so thanks!
        and a Happy Grow Year!

Comment

• DW2
          DW2 commented
          Editing a comment
          The power pilot lights/indicators can cause problems, especially those in the red range. I had some problems early on until I covered over the pilot lights (with tape) on the power strips. When the lights are off and I need to check in or do some maintenance, I use a green grow head lamp, the green spectrum does not appear to do anything to the plants light cycle.

• BlueberryGIrl
          BlueberryGIrl commented
          Editing a comment
          DW2 I have tapped up the pilot lights, i knew they caused problems.I have thought about purchasing a green head lamp.

Add an extra half hour to your dark cycle. When you know they have had 12 in dark go in with a flashlight so you don't knock anything over. Then shut the flashlight off and check for leaks in the dark.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X