Aquaponic Cannabis, need help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aquaponic Cannabis, need help please

So I'm growing aquaponic cannabis, 1200 gal total volume. 3 hydroton grow beds and 2- 4x20 ft DWC raft beds. Fish tank is 330 gal, and i have 75 2-4 inch koi fish and roughly about 150 1-2 inch gold fish. I keep ph between 6.2 - 6.4. I obviously have some deficiencies going on but can't exactly figure out which one is causing so many issues as you can see in the pictures.

Potassium?
    Magnesium?
    Manganese?
    Calcium?
    Nitrogen?

I use RO water for top offs, I use hydrated lime(calcium) and potassium hydroxide daily to maintain ph. (About a 1.5g each)

I add the following every Sunday.

10g potassium sulfate
    10g epsom salt(magnesium sulfate)
    20g 11% chelated iron

Every three weeks I add a handful of rock phosphate to the grow beds.

Water conditions are great and rarely have a fish death. I could be under stocked with fish to supply the the plant needs from the fish food? I feed 60g fish food a day.

Water tests

Ph 6.2 - 6.4
    Ammonia 0 - .25ppm
    ​​​​​​Nitrite 0 ppm
    Nitrate 5 ppm ( which I know is low and could be the source of my problem???)

I dont know if im under or over on nutrient supplements?

I'm hoping someone can give me some pointers on what's going on with my system and what I can do to correct it. If you know the deficiencies by looking at the pictures please let me know.

Thank you.

Dude........Bro........ very very nice setup and nice looking flower!

* Disclaimer * Not a aquaponic grower......yet.

I see a couple things that would bring up questions.

Different problems on Different pictures and id image the setup run completely connected?
    1)The young plant looks to be fried from the high E/c, 2.1 and that one should be around .6 e/c.
    2) Temp is a little high for water, could be lowered to 19c but don't know if you can or if the fishes would like it, so at that temp. What do your roots look like?
    3) some look to have Spots, Pic 1 and 10 look for bugs?
    4) circled spots/light edges looks like Cal/mag, ph is in range for up take.
    5) some look to need nitrogen others do have good color. If the system is one unit you could be out of balance with the different nutrients stages in the plants life.

With a Reservoir I shoot for E/C
    .5 seedling
    1. To 1.2 veg
    1.5 flower to
    week 4 to 5 1.8 e/c
    Week six and beyond 1.5 e/c

Space for Rent.

Comment

And the biggest question I need answered.........

got any pictures of the fishies?😬😬😬😬😬
      Space for Rent.

Comment

Mr. Farley. Thanks. New system, 3 months old now. Can't control ec in aquaponics to well unfortunately. Same for water temp, fish won't eat to cold..... everything was running smoothly until I added DWC raft number 1 appropriately 550 gal ro water. Before system was running on 650 gal, so almost 100% volume added to system. So really through the system out of balance.... its been a month since..... I just wish I knew how much of each nutrient (g per gallon) that I listed to add every week. I know how much iron the system needs but the rest is a guessing game lol. I can't find information on how much to add in an aquaponics system. Here's a few pics of happy fish

Comment

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          FISHIES!!!

Still not a aquaponic guy but would love to throw ideas around (mainly just want more fishies-ponic pictures)

First rule is to Trace back your steps till you find when and where the problem started and it sounds like you know that point. Second rule is only change 1 thing at a time to see what effect it has befor rule it out. Seem that if you dbl you size you'd need to double your FISHIES! But I'd not be 100% sure about that with the ec # and my lack of hands on. Does your system run from 1 raft to the next or both circulate to the reservoir independently?

Can you pull 1 gal. of water out the reservoir, test e/c before and after you add (X) grams of sulfates and such to gauge the EC impact?

I'd assume you know how ec works, Im think things like removing 25% old water and replacing with fresh R/o water will drop your ec, lowering 1 additive and upping another will give your the same ec just move available other. Just covering base here and throwing things at the wall. I know a couple peeps on here use nitrates and sulfates and compositions of compounds and things like that maybe they'll pipe up about rough quantity per gallon.

I'd still check roots, warm water temperatures can cause root problems and for bugs to rule that out.

Maybe You might just need a plecostomus (JK) or I'm I.😬

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X