Engineered weed! (link)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engineered weed! (link)

This article was originally published in May 2022. Can cannabinoid content in the cannabis plant be manipulated? And if so, how much? According to a new report, researchers at the lab of Prof. Alexander (Sasha) Vainstein at Hebrew University in Rehovot, Israel have engineered medical marijuana strains containing 20% more THC, reported The Jerusalem Post. This achievement, made possible with financial support and partnerships with Mariana Bioscience Ltd., could help create new strains and boost c

[qoute] Cannabis With Enhanced Amounts Of THC (17%), CBG (25%) And Terepens (30%): Researchers Found A Way To Do It
    [/qoute]

They used a virus to do this, adding to THC, CBG and Terepen content already produced by the plant.
    Thoughts?

Originally posted by Rwise View Post
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/canna...130944773.html

[qoute] Cannabis With Enhanced Amounts Of THC (17%), CBG (25%) And Terepens (30%): Researchers Found A Way To Do It
    [/qoute]

They used a virus to do this, adding to THC, CBG and Terepen content already produced by the plant.
    Thoughts?
    Not good news I bet The Big Boys are eyeing this one....

Comment

I agree, we just dont need genetic engineering like this!

Comment

While I am OK with gene engineering on crops that are needed to keep us fed, it is just plain un-necessary for weed. This is one of the reasons I grow my own and avoid vaping. I know exactly what is in my weed and do not have a clue what is in vape carts.
        Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
        5 gallon cloth pots
        30"x30"x60" tent
        Spider Farmer SE3000
        Coco Pearlite mix
        GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

• ChubbNugg
          ChubbNugg commented
          Editing a comment
          Too Fucking Shay !!! Well said. The packaging is Nothing more than sales HYPE !!! Words and pretty colors to sway the vote to buy it. Meanwhile, you have no clue what's in that cartridge. I'd love to know where they get all the numbers and percentages from. From my point of view, things just don't add up.

• HolyHippie
          HolyHippie commented
          Editing a comment
          why I started growing as well so I know whats in mine....

17% isn't all that big of a deal these days. Anesia seeds are well over 30% and strooooooooong.
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          alltatup But that 17% is added to the 20+% the plant already makes

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Rwise I didn't read the article, but why not just say 37% then? That's around what some of the Anesia seeds reach.

I wish there was a pic of it. That's over 70% of "stuff." Where's the vegetable matter?
        Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
        Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
        Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

• ChubbNugg
          ChubbNugg commented
          Editing a comment
          " Sometimes, There just aren't enough rocks " (Forest Gump)

Just look up Anesia seeds. Here's their Chem Dog, about 2 more weeks till harvest.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5626.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	553.3 KB
ID:	583195 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5627.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	839.3 KB
ID:	583196
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Has anyone ever noticed, from a pure science observation, that Israel has the best data, tests, labs, and white papers? If I ever wanted to know something that is a true finding with cannabis, I start looking for research from Israel. I think they have the very best science, so far, that is published.
          When I'm working on a problem, or in the middle of some satisfying A/B diagnostics, a friend will usually come by and offer some old wives wisdom. I always tell them, " Don't buck the genius." I think I'm going to make a stand here with the same wisdom. Don't buck Mother Nature. Today, weed is plenty potent. The only reason to make it stronger is to capitalize on it. Don't things cost enough already? Now we have super weed that"s genetically altered to be stronger aaaaand cost more? Now the question becomes, What's in the seed? A virus that's manipulated to become a genetic switch, to make weed stronger? Has anyone ever seen that movie called "Resident Evil"? I know that's a far stretch, but the underlying premise is the same. If these sum-beaches can program a virus, to alter a gene, to increase THC content, why don't someone do that and cure cancer? or the like. money money money and, mo money

Comment

• 90Gizmo
            90Gizmo commented
            Editing a comment
            Don't remember the make but pres. of a past employer said Israel was the only place he'd buy CNC mills from. And a friend from Russia went there for cancer treatment so I do have a fairly high regard for their processes. But no thank you on genetically engineered weed or any other consumable. I'm kind of conservative in that regard.

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            One of my heroes is Raphael Mechoulam who discovered the ECS. I agree: they know their shit. Plus they invented the High Grade machine that I use to get THC percent.

So, I've been looking into this whole "crystal" thing, and something very interesting landed in my lap, so to speak. Israel is on the path to replicating weed. These tests and data that seem wierd now, will lend a hand to the forfront of what I think will be an evolution in cannabis. "COMPUTER: tea, northern lights, hot"

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            I looked it up: sounds good to me! I still think growing is the most fun, though...

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X