trim roots revegged bubbleponics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HYDRO trim roots revegged bubbleponics

I have managed to reveg a plant that I harvested a couple of months ago. It has just started to sprout again.

This is a hydroponic/bubbleponics grow.

It seems that trimming some of the older roots may help keep things healthy in the water. I've read what I can find and dealt with root rot in the past. Too, I'm going to change out tubs...clean cool and dark is the montra here.

Would really appreciate input from anyone with experience trimming roots.

Big love all around

Howdy Gracye, I've been growing in a 'BubblePhonics' style set up for eleven grows (about to start number 12). I have not ever trimmed any of the roots and/or re-vegging the plants, although, I have tried some cloning of them. I'm interesting to hear how it turns out, please keep us posted on how it turns out.
    Last edited by DW2; 12-17-2022, 01:28 PM. Reason: spelling correction
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• Blowdout2269
      Blowdout2269 commented
      Editing a comment
      I am also interested to see the comments and results. Sorry I do not have any input.

12-18
    Thanks guys. I'll keep you posted. We've been growing since before seeds were available online so cloning and propagating seeds was a must. Though in those days soil was the way. D started bubbleponics sometime before 09 and I took over a couple of years ago when a broad mite infestation ran him off. I kept 2 budding plants and a couple of mothers alive by brutally trimming rotting roots and heat treating the leaves. They lived and I gave up worrying about buying seeds.

However one of the gelato 33 plants was deep purple from the first to last calyx plus its size and growing pattern were also the best of the bunch. By the time I realized I wanted to keep it my cloning attempts were unsuccessful. D had experience with plants revegging after harvest so I tried. Basically, it works like most of what you can find online leave some of the bottom leaves at harvest, I plucked off some of the airy bud and I put the lights at 24/7 with easy nutes.

ABOUT THE ROOTS: 12/22, I trimmed the roots a couple of days ago, About to check the leaves that are drying, assuming shock in the roots, but gotta keep an eye out for broad mites. I've been led to believe they are here to stay. I use, i forget the name but it's mostly soap. water. vinegar and alcohol with about 11 oils that make the room smell like a good pasta dinner. Too, I use watered down alcohol and dust with diatomaceous earth about the room and house. I'm in the deep south, I caught a tiny knat fly out from under the lid. So...
    a I did a gentle dunking I was careful not the mess with the top of the roots, but that's where that knat was laying eggs. The roots form something like a bark on the thick main roots under the net pot that aren't submerged, I've read that it also acts like bark to protect it. DOES ANYONE KNOW about that root bark? I think I'll make a point to keep the water high enough to keep them damp. I don't use a water pump just an air pump outside the tub.

TMI for now I'll stop

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X