Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nutrients for flower strech

hello,
    when plant enter tue first few weeks of the flower strech, should I water with grow or bloom nutrients?
    my questions is when should I change nutrients from grow to bloom?

When flowers begin to appear, switch to bloom.
    Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
    5 gallon cloth pots
    30"x30"x60" tent
    Spider Farmer SE3000
    Coco Pearlite mix
    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Here's what I experience. I usually start with the flower nutes the last watering in veg. The defoliate a bit the last week of veg. Then switch to the 12/12 but the stretch really uses up some mineral nutes, calcium, magnesium and potassium.

In the past I've always struggled with pH at this point but that was not a problem this time, new type soil was and It showed a deficiency in calcium and potassium after the stretch. Using ProMix BX and i like it.

I have an auto too that when it when into stretch (20/4 light cycle) showed the same, with the yellowing top leaves but also had really hollow stems. I started adding more Ca on top of the soil using both CAN and CaCl @ 1300 ppm though spaced out a week. It's growling like crazy and one plant filling up the tent. But the stems are much stronger, still a little yellow on top. The auto is in FF Ocean Forest with added limestone and perlite.

Comment

• 3Berries
        3Berries commented
        Editing a comment
        I think my K problem is the Miracle Grow nutes. It's way down on K compared to other cannabis specific nutes. I'll see if using the langbeinite which is 2KSO4 and MgSO4 instead of just Epsom salt does the trick.

What kind of nutrients are you using?? A few pictures of the plant would help too. But yes, as above you should start bloom nutrients when flowers/pistils start to appear.
      I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

• Ramon
        Ramon commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m using botanicare grow and bloom.
        let me try to upload a picture

It has been my understanding if one feeds with grow during the first week or so of 12/12, it can minimize the stretch. When height is an issue every inch restricted is a win..

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X