Is it worthwhile to save hermie plant with 4 weeks left

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it worthwhile to save hermie plant with 4 weeks left

Hi. hermie plant, 4 weeks left. It is sitting out in the frost right now. This has only happened a few times to me, and each time i have just discarded the disposed plant. I wonder if it is worthwhile saving the plant for edibles. i read that cbg is formed early on. Hmm. Maybe i can use it to supplement cannabutter? Does anyone have any info on this? I couldnt even figure out what to ask google. it is likely only 10 g on it, so no big whup, but...
    A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

Bootsy dang. Sorry. There are a lot of factors to consider when deciding whether or not to keep a hermied plant. Are you growing others plants? If so, Is the hermied plant properly separated from other plants or is it capable of being removed from the environment with other plants? Have you got any flower stashed back from previous grows? Do you NEED or WANT to produce a full harvest not a hermied one?

This much is sure:
    • You’re hermied plant will have significantly less THC
    • There are too many variables to give a reliable estimate of cannabinoids. Such as, when male flowers appeared and their age, percentage of male to female flowers and the genetic makeup of the specific plant
    • There is no reason you CAN’T or absolutely shouldn’t use the flowers
    • Your growing area, utensils, measuring devices, fans and anything else that may have come in contact with pollen should be sterilized

All you can do is the best you can. ✌️ Happy Pharming
    Last edited by BU2B; 11-20-2022, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Hey thanks. a lot less thc - what i figured. a lot of things to consider, and once I took time to think, i come up with - why would i save it? I have a significant supply already after Christmas gifting cannabutter making. and expect this christmas harvest to be good as well so it isnt needed. I am now noticing that many of the other 16 plants each have a few seeds, and one has more than a few forming but hopefully not too many. Darn. The nanner I found was hiding underneath a bud and was huge. Life goes on. but - I didnt think of sanitizing. too late for the tents, but i can do the are where it sat and the closet where she was for a couple days while i decided.
      A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

Comment

Any pictures of said nanner plant? From what I'm reading personally I wouldn't have tossed it. late flower nanners are from environmental stress and any seeds should be S1 feminized but would have needed the next 4+ weeks to develop into fully viable seeds if they weren't sterile to begain with.

It is nanners and balls that develop along side female flowers at the same time and start opening around day 21 of flower you don't want, That is the bad genetic hermi trait for the garbage can and if left unchecked will pollinate a country mile, just think shitty seeds for days and pissed off neighbors especially growing outdoors.

Bigger problem I'm reading is you saying it's "only happened a few times before" something probably could be corrected in the environment, i.e..light leak, temp swing, red power strip light......

Cbga is the chemical precursor to most know cannabinoids, thca, cbda, cbca...., Meaning it is found at a earlier stage in maximum quantity. if ( I think you should) you keep it the Cdga would be decarb-ed at my house ( i believe the vaporizing point of cbg is186f) in doing so should activate and could possibly improve the other underdeveloped cannabinoids All of my earily clippings, leaves, pinching, go into a bucket for salve with later harvested root, bud, keaf. leaves,..getting the idea here.

Last edited by Mr.furley; 11-21-2022, 06:45 AM.
        You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• golfnrl
          golfnrl commented
          Editing a comment
          Franklin I have made some salve before and used the beeswax and shea butter. I know what you mean about it being chunky when cold. I'm really wanting to make some lotion. I like the whipped stuff I've been buying. I'm hoping there's a good way to DIY that. If I can't figure it out, salve it will be. Cause the stuff works.

• Bootsy
          Bootsy commented
          Editing a comment
          Interesting info. cbg is likelty there. I grew a specific strain for that last spring for my wife's use. The hermie plant is outdoors frozen right now, so i will cut the buds off to process. no THC but something useful is great. I am sorry but i didnt photo the nanner I found that sprayed on the blackwater. Pissed me off so much I lost it. it was on its own amongst regular flower. It seems that it pollinated a little on almost all the plants so I am very saddened and annoyed that i tried the blackwater seed again, but I thought i would notice if anything happened. So many tent mates around - DUHH! For me, of the few times with hermies, now two were from that set of blackwater seeds and one Panama Red from another questionable source which are in the compost already. I hope that if i now stay with reputable seed sources i should be pretty OK, but only time will tell. Further, this time the girls also went through a lot. My basement flood kept them in the front window for a couple extra weeks (and left room light on to get enough light hours, and then after a bit in the tent, the hurricane shut power off for 2 days for which they were back in the window, I am kinda suprised the whole grow is still doing ok except for the seeds.

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah Bootsy putting plants in them circumstances can cause weaker genetics to Herm, flower more so then veg but some plants just suck from the beginning. If you got one that takes abuse and still produce, you'd best have a clone.

My Rule of Thumb (hate that term, A.D.D sounds better) if iv been pollinate unexpectedly(key word) and im finding a good amount to a lot of seed all around I chuck'em.
          If I find 1 or 3 in a specific Branch or bud I'm keeping those.

Seeds happen.

Well. thanks. the buds n sugar leaves are awaiting addition to the next cbd or cbg harvest oil. The last tweo seeds are going in the garbage and I am resisting seeds from most folks - even though he seemed to know what is doing I believe they were from a hermie. she was looked after quite well for me.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X