No announcement yet.

Orange zkittles breeding project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the money Franklin' choice is cheaper and same PPM. Seems PPM is the selling point. Some for health and some for horticulture etc etc.... Probably same product that marketeers got a hold of and hyped it till the sell was on.LOL. Silver is 28$ a OZ. Aqueous solutions holding heavy metals, Far out and groovy stuff. Reading time. Hows them orange Skittles doing?

Comment

I posted the plants were not topped when one of you asked...That is incorrect, I did top them 1 time.

Comment

• dirtymike
        dirtymike commented
        Editing a comment
        Cool thanks. Between the 4th and 5th node is usually the spot.

update Franklin - Hands down "Fast" is the only way to go in the north...I guess auto too....My b.b is just starting to entertain flowering and the s.c x c.c.k x b.b is still thinking about it..
      Attached Files

Comment

• dirtymike
        dirtymike commented
        Editing a comment
        Those colas just keep climbing. Got a little friend cleaning up.

• changeofpace2014
        changeofpace2014 commented
        Editing a comment
        She is the real deal....red by the way Franklin you sure schooled me regarding what type of cannabis to grow in the north...It needs to be FAST version to finish..;.My b.b and other cross are just starting to flower...Aug 25 and there is NO Way They Will Finish, even if the b.b can withstand cold temps it will become stunted....anything other the fast or auto is a waste of time...

Beautiful! Starting to get frosty!

Comment

• changeofpace2014
        Editing a comment
        I have never seen such beautiful bud growing outdoors, this early in the season. the S1 might finish as well.

Dam the S1 is quite a bit larger then the F1 Franklin.... A little update
      Attached Files

Comment

• dirtymike
        dirtymike commented
        Editing a comment
        Mutha im so jealous. Thats nice looking greens there. I got 3 S1 that popped a few days ago and they are still green and alive. LOL

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        Some great looking buds there

• changeofpace2014
        Editing a comment
        They are heavy feeders or can be....I feed them flora nova once or twice a day...them big old roots just suck it all out of the cloth 5 gal pot daily...I really like the node spacing and how the branches grow out...When I compare them to the near by blueberry, I can see why b.b is a harsh weed... Franklin sure set His Bar High with this cross,

I am hoping the THC will be north of 17 %, I think it should be with the Zkittles auto being 23% THC and the Orange Barb being 15%

Dang man, that's looking great. I don't remember how long that flowered but it wasn't anything outlandishly long, just the usual for modern weed. Awesome to have it be that full in this time frame at your latitude

Comment

• dirtymike
        dirtymike commented
        Editing a comment
        Im nursing mine like a old hen. I get nervous till i start seeing leaves of five. Did you changeofpace2014 have any issues in the seedling stage??

• changeofpace2014
        Editing a comment
        DM no issues, the seeds were started in side under cfls and in some little 2 cup fabric pots...they were in dirt from the beginning but most times I will start them in coco then once the roots fill up the 2 cup I trans plant them to dirt..but this year they were in dirt...mind you the dirt had worm castings and a lot of sea stuff but with all that it lacked nitrogen....

I have been using Floral Nova from the beginning..not real crazy about this product but it seems to work well...trio is much nicer to work with and leaves little room for what one has...

• dirtymike
        dirtymike commented
        Editing a comment
        changeofpace2014 thanks for your input. These three are i have are getting up fast. If i make it half as big as yours ill be be happy.

Smokes great, the flavor translates well if vaporizing flower (I can't really tell the difference between anything when actual smoking), mine seem to have moderate THC and an uplifting high. Honestly, I have a low tolerance before getting anxious with any weed, so I'm not really sure what these are like if you get REALLY baked. I wish I knew more smokers because I grow twenty times more than I can smoke and need to give it away but even they can't keep up.

Comment

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        That's a problem most of us wish we had.

• dirtymike
        dirtymike commented
        Editing a comment
        By George i bet could keep up. If a gram of it gets my stoned head lifted its a high THC burn. Baked is where i start. LOL

Hey Franklin - the cutting is rooted! Dam Fast....Have it under cfl mixed (1# 5000k and 1# 3500K) 100w eq along with a seed mat...I have been giving it a trans for 8 days now and reverted back to GH Flora Trio...I will grow it out in coco..So Far So Good....I think this one is really really fast flowering, not sure if the other seeds will be same. The S1 is 3 weeks behind but she is filling in nice now about 1 1/2 ft taller the F1.

Comment

• Franklin
        Franklin commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice, man! Are you going to breed that clone? Would be good to have one that is consistently fast.

• dirtymike
        dirtymike commented
        Editing a comment
        what cloning solution are you using?

• changeofpace2014
        Editing a comment
        Franklin the objective is to clone her and try to get some fem seeds from her... The flowering time for this F1 appears to be around 7 weeks, maybe 8 weeks for full cloudy trics with some amber... Starting to flush her today.. D.M all I use is some rootem, coco, G.H Trio and a seed mat with the above cfls..

Did you clone some of the S1 @changeofpace2014​. This is a hearty strain. I usually stunt seedlings if i look at them twice.LOL These took off and stay green. I see growth everyday. This is day 8
      Attached Files

Comment

• changeofpace2014
        Editing a comment
        No S1 cutting. Only F1 lowest branch with smallest bud-let was selected.

• changeofpace2014
        Editing a comment
        yours look fine d.m..

• dirtymike
        dirtymike commented
        Editing a comment
        get to harvest on the S1 yet.

I anxious to see how the S1 did in its final days. Haven't heard anything in a while. I got these doing pretty good. Transplant pretty soon. They sure don't waste alot of time.
      Attached Files

Comment

• changeofpace2014
        Editing a comment
        The F1 is harvested, however the S1 is roughly 3 wks behind the F1..Post update in a minute or two.

F1 at harvest, could not wait any longer....A little peek at the S1 progress too..
      Attached Files

Comment

• changeofpace2014
        Editing a comment
        Note: The F1 did have a nice hint of zkittles early in flowering but that kind of developed more into a candy tangerine smell.. The S1 does have a notable tangie smell, more so then the zkittles... They Really Do Smell So So Nice...there is a difference between Nice and Strong Smelling Weed....I suspect if one had several of these growing big the neighbors would indeed smell oranges of some sort....

Dam Nice Job Franklin

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Man that's one great looking plant, I'm so antsy ready to harvest one.

• Franklin
        Franklin commented
        Editing a comment
        Man those just look so good. I'm pleased as punch that those seeds worked out for you

Franklin the F1 cutting I am trying to turn...has made a change in the past few days...I removed the humidity dome and noticed some mold on her...wiped it off and left her in the open....recently made a change with the GH products and ratio..more in line with early veg now...she looks messed up now...the good news is it was much easier to root then I thought, because the stress from reverting back does not show up for a few weeks, even after putting her on 18 hr light...I suspect feeding her with a transition solution helped her get rooted....letting her dry up a bit..

Comment

• dirtymike
        dirtymike commented
        Editing a comment
        changeofpace2014 Hows the OZ project going? These three S1's i got going are getting it on. Start a post when the survive a week or two more. When you topped what node did you use 4 to 5th? Thanks

D.M - I topped at 5th node...The 3rd and 4th node will grow out...I probably cut the 2nd and 1st node off as it is too low to ground but that would of been done after they were growing really well..She will climb to 6ft with one topping. this topping provides nice branching when you then it out and the buds will climb deep into branch..

Comment

• dirtymike
        dirtymike commented
        Editing a comment
        That's where i usually top. Makes for good main lining. Always had to grow short. LOL Thanks

Franklin - I sampled a broken off piece and let it dry..It smoked so smooth but I will have to ask my neighbor how the high was because I rolled him a joint with all I had after two pulls on a bong..

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL love it

Like a good neighbor, changeofpace2014 is there

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X