Water filter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water filter?

Can i use water filter that i have for home to drink to my plants. Or also the water from my humidifier. Curentlyi am with tap water

Carbon filters take out a lot of impurities. Dehumidifier water is as good as rain.

Comment

• Giannhs
      Giannhs commented
      Editing a comment
      what about bottled like this

this one phed
    Attached Files

Comment

• 3Berries
      3Berries commented
      Editing a comment
      That looks good except for the Sodium. In the US most bottled water is RO water sourced from the city's water supply and with 'minerals added for taste' These minerals are usually minute amounts of potassium bicarbonate. Or straight spring water that has been purified biologically. Or it is just filtered and bottled city water much like you show.

This wont cause any problem right ?

Comment

Sodium is not good. But it is low.

Comment

water filters remove trace minerals and contaminants. It may be helpful but not really necessary. Tap water is fine as long as you let it sit open in the container for 24 hours to let the chlorine and fluorine dissipate. Then you need to test it for proper PH levels and use either a commercially available PH up/down solution or natural ones like lemon juice etc.

The PH of the water is crucial for the roots to be able to uptake nutrients from the soil or water/nutrient mix. Some new growers say they never PH their water and that may be true but their harvest is likely much smaller than it could be, assuming they ever get the plants to that stage.
        I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Originally posted by Giannhs View Post
          Can i use water filter that i have for home to drink to my plants. Or also the water from my humidifier. Curentlyi am with tap water
          Water from the de-humidifier is good, I do the same. I get a good supply and it saves me running my 'Still' so often. You start of with EC 0.0, whereas the filtered water would not have nill EC. Having said that I must test my Brita water filter.
          Last edited by Heisenbud; 11-15-2022, 05:51 AM.
          80 cm x 80 cm x 200 cm grow tent
          Portable 500w oil filled heater
          12.5 litre air pots - Coco coir,Perlite​
          Air circulation fan & extraction fan/filter
          Dehumidifier/humidifier ~ 'Ink Bird' controllers.
          Presently using 'Canna' nutrients / distilled water.
          'Photone' par/ppfd meter app for Iphone/Android
          Hanna HI 9214 Ph meter / Bluelab Truncheon E.C / ppm meter
          'Fecida' LED full spectrum 1000w equivalent / 125 watt draw from mains

Comment

As someone pointed out here recently, a Brita filter will lower the pH of your water. I didn't quite believe it so I tested it at home and it lowered it by quite a bit.

Comment

It would be my guess it is taking out carbonates.

Comment

I think it can change the pH in the water. Not sure if it's good for plants or not.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X