Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New grower & member to the Forum

Hi everyone,

Many thanks to the Founders for accepting my registration to the Forum.
    I have enjoyed following posts,with great interest for some time as a guest.

I am a first time grower since the beginning of the year. ~ Fearing making a far too
    long post, I thought I would split this introduction in two for now.

My first grow was a RQS Tatanka p/period (CBD) I used to feed it every few days,
    However, I had a faulty EC/TDS meter; unknown to me at the time, I got nutrient
    lock & also defoliated it..Unfortunately it went into shock and wilted.. Fortunately I
    had taken two clones from it previously, which grew into good plants . I learnt from
    these early mistakes and adopted watering every day with 25% run-off & Ph//EC
    procedures. I got 100 grams of bud &
    30 grams of useful trimmings.,

I had a third clone which I grew on the window cill which didn’t have the benefit of
    correct lighting, I fed it with run-off from the other two. It produced 4g of buds & 5g
    of trim; very surprising. That first grow was very much a learning curve for me..

My current grow is a RQS Northern lights auto ~ I thought I had the same concerns
    with slow growth, as forum contributor ‘Probionic’ wrote on 9th.Dec’21 which has
    prompted me to join this Forum. It will be the subject of my second post after I get
    some ‘photos together, Auto’s seem to be a whole different ball game, with only some
    basic stuff to be found on the web, also 1/4 1/2 reduced amounts of nutrients given as
    shown for Photperiods in their nutrient grow shedules; but that will be for my next post.

Thanks.

80 cm x 80 cm x 200 cm grow tent
    Portable 500w oil filled heater
    12.5 litre air pots - Coco coir,Perlite​
    Air circulation fan & extraction fan/filter
    Dehumidifier/humidifier ~ 'Ink Bird' controllers.
    Presently using 'Canna' nutrients / distilled water.
    'Photone' par/ppfd meter app for Iphone/Android
    Hanna HI 9214 Ph meter / Bluelab Truncheon E.C / ppm meter
    'Fecida' LED full spectrum 1000w equivalent / 125 watt draw from mains

Welcome to the forum. We're gonna help you get those numbers up on the harvest ok. Sounds like you've done your research only thing I question is your light. Their website doesn't state what kind of diodes they use. That light if the stats are true is only good for one plant but the price makes me suspect some inflated numbers. I do soil only but there are some very knowledgeable coco growers on here that can help you with that. And just so you are aware northern lights auto has a tendency to go 90+ days from seed pop to harvest.
    keeping it green with the soil thing
    love me some frosty autos
    braap
    BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
    Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
    the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
    blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

[QUOTE=Going2fast That light if the stats are true is only good for one plant

Hi Goin2fast, thanks for your welcome. Yes your probably right. My last grow was two photo periods, they did quite well in the 80 x 80 tent.
      They are budget LEDs, all I could afford at the time. I intended to only grow one plant at a time, but as I mentioned, I produced a pair of clones.
      I did buy a second light which was a cosmetic update, but they had sold out and sent me the previous version. As an apology, I was sent a third
      one for free They do have excellent reviews on 'A' ~ Because of the crippling electricity costs, I only use the one presently. I think I might have
      a light issue with the Northern Lights auto, my second grow which I did not have with the photo periods. Today it stands at 91cm. It will be the start
      of it's 8th week tomorrow. It puts me in mind of the 'Jack and the Bean stalk' story I hope to get a post on about it soon. Cheers
      80 cm x 80 cm x 200 cm grow tent
      Portable 500w oil filled heater
      12.5 litre air pots - Coco coir,Perlite​
      Air circulation fan & extraction fan/filter
      Dehumidifier/humidifier ~ 'Ink Bird' controllers.
      Presently using 'Canna' nutrients / distilled water.
      'Photone' par/ppfd meter app for Iphone/Android
      Hanna HI 9214 Ph meter / Bluelab Truncheon E.C / ppm meter
      'Fecida' LED full spectrum 1000w equivalent / 125 watt draw from mains

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X