Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fastest Turnaround for a Photoperiod

Hey there,

Just a quick question: What is the fastest turnaround, for an indoor grow, for a photo period plant. Also curious if anyone has done this before.

I've been doing some Googling on the internets and cannot seem to find an answer. I usually grow autos (yeah I know) but I hate the fact that if you sneeze the damn thing will get traumatized and stunt itself...so I wanted to try something a little different and before I do wanted to see what the fastest turnaround time anyone has experienced.

Thanks in advance, bigly appreciated
    If I'm on my way to hell, I might as well enjoy the ride

then you might want to look at various Fast Finishing strains, from what I can tell 6 - 8 weeks but this would be a perfect grow..

Comment

I was just wondering if you could veg any photo for about 4 to 6 weeks (possibly 8) and then flip to flower and let it run its course, which can be about 8 to 10 weeks as well...think it's doable?

Comment

Iv grow 200 gram + photo period plants in under 100 days from germination to harvest.
        iv also seen Autos go 6 months so it's a matter of end game goals that push me these days, longer grow times for bigger plants that yield enough for the year versus always growing small fast plants ..... maybe.

Ok guys if anyone is about to start some autos let's all get in this one thread grow our asses off and help each other. Right now I know it will be me Retodd,

Space for Rent.

Comment

Mr.furley that's badass, curious what you did with photos under 100 days. Any pointers? Actually methinks I have found the answer!!! It's called the 12/12 Growing Cycle, basically after 3wks from germ you switch to the 12/12 light schedule... sounds kinda cool. Seems from some of the info I have found, this is the go to way to grow for many when space and time are an issue - So I may have to giver this a go. What do you guys think?

Comment

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            Best advice I could give you,
            Genetics, genetics, genetics!
            Hydro and coco give the best speed.
            3 gallon fabric pots, faster to dry, faster to feed/water.
            4 weeks veg - 10 weeks flowing = 98 days.

Some Photos iv had finish flowering in 60 days, 10 weeks is the most common average for a photo, so shop around.

Howdy tsquez, my photo period grows (all bad seed saved over the years) have averaged from 18 to 23 weeks. the 18 week was the last grow (#11) and had 480 watts of cfl bulbs, the other grows had only 220 watts. My next grow will be with 150 watt led lamps and I will see how that affects the growing time (if any). Oh, I almost forgot, I grow with a DWC hydroponic set up, similar to the Bubblephonics style.
          Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

I have a grow going now with 16 different strains all started from seed on Sep 8 or 14 th and flowering since 24 Oct, so around 6 weeks before switched to flower 12 12. they are in coco . It should show a bunch of actual strain times to finish if you did want to check on the posting around Christmas, when i hope to be harvesting many of them. i would have started it a week earlier but had some equipment issues so waited a bit longer. Last time I did little ones like this they seemed to mature as fast orfater than predicted, but were clones. I tend to leave indicas till just start amber and sativas to have more amber typically. I hope to get around an ounce per plant - and we will see.
            A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

Comment

@tasquez Of course it's doable, but if you top your autos twice & tie em down they may take a week or two longer but they might surprise you. Have patience young un. Peace out. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1943.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	2.26 MB
ID:	579472 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1970.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	579473 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2037.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	2.09 MB
ID:	579474

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X