X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deformity and Premature Growth?

Hello all,

Only my second attempt at growing.

Strain is Trainwreck from Premium Seed Market.
    Started from seed, sprouted in a peat pellet and then snuggled into some Happy Frog soil.

I only started 2 seeds. Both popped and are looking healthy, but one seems to have some strange characteristics going on.

I'm not really concerned for the plant...mainly just intrigued.

So.
    My questions:
    1. In the top-down photo, you can see three new fan leaves coming out at the new node where there's typically two.
      How common is this?
    2. In the side view photo, you'll notice there's a thorn on the stem! Not really... It's not sharp or stiff. It's very soft and floppy, but it looks like a thorn!
      Could this be what should've been the node for the extra fan leaf mentioned in #1?
    3. In the side view photo, there's quite a bit node node growth for 14 days old. At least compared to my previous grow and the sister plant in this grow.
      I thought that kind of growth didn't start until later on in veg? Seems a little early, no?
    4. Some of the leaves, and almost all of the node growth, is oddly shaped. Almost looks like Frisian Duck leaves.
      Is this a deficiency or deformity?​

I'm really just curious if these oddities are even oddities or if I just have a goofy plant that every grower ends up seeing eventually.

Thanks!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tulabis; 10-19-2022, 01:49 PM.

Plants don't look healthy (pale). What is your set up and what if anything have you done to the plants since placing them in the pots? Nutrients, heat/humidity, light etc. how long have they been in the pots?
    I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Color is much more green to the eye

Light: 1x Abriselux A1500 | Height: 18" | Power: 80%
      Temp: 77-81F
      RH: 72-79%
      No added nutrients
      Been in the pots for about 10 days

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        I suggest you look for photos and anatomy of MJ plant that " thorn " is a normal stamin not odd growth. Either your soil was way hot for beginner sprout could cause those twisty. Give them a good drink perhaps raise the light for abit too close will shorten node spaces.

by Nebula Haze This overwatered cannabis seedling is drooping from being given too much water too often. If you’ve got droopy cannabis plants, you’re not alone. Overwatering is one of the most common problems faced by cannabis growers. Giving too much water to your cannabis plants doesn’t mean you’re a bad grower. In fact, overwatering...
      TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
      EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
      AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
      IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X