Question about trichomes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about trichomes

I find it difficult to interpret the color of trichomes since this will be my first time completing a grow. Do any of these photos suggest that the trichomes are starting to turn "cloudy"? Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3575.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	236.0 KB
ID:	578923

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3576.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	248.4 KB
ID:	578924
    Attached Files
    Grow Tent: 3' x 3' x 72", 4' x 4' x 80"
    Grow Lights: 2 x Vivosun VS1000, Vivosun VS2000, HLG 600
    Grow Medium (Bubba Kush): Coco/Perlite Hydroponics Flora Trio
    Grow Medium (White Widow): Coco/Perlite,General Hydroponics Flora Trio

Most of the white pistil hairs will turn brown when it's time. I think LEDs hinder the trichomes color changing.

Comment

The answer to your question looks to me like the majority of pistils still need time to turn rusty color and yes your trichs are cloudy. Some of my plants i've grown the pistils don't always all turn rusty red and curl into the bud some are curly but white when i've taken a bud to test so always use a microscope to check the trichromes milky could mean your within a couple weeks of harvest.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Howdy UberMensch, I have found the taking photos, without the flash, will give you a better indication of the trichomes condition, especially with a 'back light' on the buds. The flash can reflect off of the surface of the trichomes, giving a 'false' cloudy image.
        Good looking bud, and good luck with your growing.
        Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Thanks folks, I appreciate you sharing your knowledge. Today starts week 7 of flower, so I basically was trying to determine if the trichomes are making any progress at all. Thanks again.

Comment

What everyone says about the pistol color is true...except in most cases of foxtails. Is the tip of the flower in question foxtailing? Because it appears that way to me.
            Back to playin in the dirt!
            Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
            I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

Seven weeks is almost always too soon to chop. Give them shorter days and cooler temps if they seem like they don't care to finish for you. You should see remaining fans turning yellow or purple or red and dropping off when they are ripe. Cooler temps also stop foxtailing to some degree. It's worth the wait. Truly ripe buds are much more beautiful to behold and more fun to smoke.
              Coconut Grove
              4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
              4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
              32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
              Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

@Blowdout2269​ @UndergroundFarmer​ - I suspected that might be foxtailing, thanks for confirming. That all happened during hurricane Irma when the A/C was out for a week during a critical stage of flowering. They are lucky to have survived at all.

Comment

My advice is always, when you think they are ready...give them another week. It never hurts to see if the plant can muster more. Also once the fan leaves start to turn yellow all over the plant is a good sign it's time.
                  I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

^This is my general tactic as well.
                    Not to mention great advice.
                    Back to playin in the dirt!
                    Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
                    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
                    I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X