Seedlings stunted and changing sex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Seedlings stunted and changing sex

Hi guys, first post so hopefully I explain the problem entirely without confusion. I am sure I caused these issues myself, but wanted someone else's opinion on it because it seems unusual and couldn't find any information on this anywhere on the internet. I'll give you a bit of context up until I figure things went south.

Equipment used for first week:

Northern Lights Auto Seeds
    4x2x4 grow tent
    Miracle Grow soil
    Plastic 4" pots
    Cheap 1000w Amazon LED light (On a 18/6 Schedule)

Things started off reasonably well for first week and my seeds germinated and the first set of leaves were coming in nicely. The first watering I didn't adjust the PH because I got lazy but I never had issues before so I let it slide. Ok, here's where things get interesting. I got new upgraded lights given to me, Mars Hydro 750w, so the genius I am decided to use one above the seedlings, just at a higher height (About 33"). It was a big upgrade so I instantly had to deal with temperature and humidity issues. Once I got the temp and humidity under control (a steady 28c and 60 - 65 humidity) things seemed to be running ok. I thought I had problems solved. Within a few days I noticed the coty and first set of leaves starting to crisp. After a bit of thought, I decided the plants were too young for such intense lighting so went back to the smaller light and made sure the water ph levels were acceptable (6 - 6.5). I put the light about 24" above the plants, with proper water and hoped in time they would recover which they did(?).

For the most part the seedlings look like they are getting much better, but for their age (3 weeks) they are quite small. Although I have to deal with a stunting issue, what puzzles me is I have a seedling which appears to be flowering. The seedling is only about 3 weeks old and about 1.5 inches tall. As well, I have a couple seedlings with what looks to be balls/sacs growing on top. I am guessing this is a sign of a young male plant, but these seeds were bought in a store feminized so I assume if these are males, I must have somehow caused enough stress for the plants to say screw this and switched teams.

I get I shouldn't have been complacent with ph levels and light levels at such a young plant age, but the early flowering and sacs are puzzling to me. A couple of the photos show the sacs and I wish it was clearer but they are young and my phone sucks.

Any information that can enlighten me on this I would appreciate. I may have ruined these guys, but I would like to solve this so it doesn't happen again. If I left out any relevant information, just let me know and I will do my best to let you know. Oh, one last bit of information before I forget. I occasionally see tiny (tiny black bugs that look like fruit flies) bugs in the pots and kill them by hand when I see them but there might be a lot more in the dirt I don't see.

This is the first time I have ever had these issues and hopefully the last.

Thanks for anyone who can help.

Osbourne

Well looks like you got crap growing from what i see. Male plants pic 2-3 early flower autos will do it all if stressed from the start. The light is 100watt at best from the wall which is what counts, it's not strong enough in my view it's OK for seedling. When autos start to flower theres no stopping it, she won't get taller nor give you a bong hit. Sorry man either the store sold you crap or ?????????
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Yeah I agree Budgal, they definitely are not what I am used to seeing at this age. It might have been crap seeds, they were pretty light colored compared to the darker ones I have seen and used. At least I can learn from this and move on.

Thanks for replying.

Comment

Many autos flower at 3 weeks old. They are small, time to fix the soil or whatever is the issue and start over (at least get rid of the males). Bad genetics could be an issue as well.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X