Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can’t figure out what the problem is!! Ahhh!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HYDRO Can’t figure out what the problem is!! Ahhh!

This is a 3 week old Purple Punch from Barney Farm.

It is being grown in a 5 gallon DWC bucket with so much air that the water is roaring like a boiling pot.

800ppm of Sensi Grow nutrients AND 2ml or hydro guard.

The lights were 12” from the canopy but are now 18” from the canopy. Approximately 400 watts (LED).

Temperature is an average of 77 degrees during the day and 55% humidity.

Ph is maintained between 5.5 and 6.0

I have attached photos because i’m losing my mind trying to figure out what’s wrong. Please help!
    Last edited by FloridaGuy; 10-03-2022, 08:03 PM.

Have you looked here, https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabi...toms-pictures?

Comment

Originally posted by KLAX View Post
      Hi. Yes I have. I didn’t find anything that matched my photos.

Comment

Kinda reads like a PH issue, maybe light burn, my mars hydro wants more room below it.

Comment

Try these.
          Attached Files
          1 Marshydro tsl 2000 @ 300 watt.
          1 sf2000 @200 watts
          2 philzon @230 watts
          2x4x5 tent
          3x6x8 closet
          Fox Farm ocean forest
          Black gold for seedling
          3 gal pot holes in sides and bottom
          RH 40-60
          Temp 70-80
          Feeding with FF trio with molasses
          calmag and a little flower fuel
          Light at 10 -16 inches above canopy

Finished growing: Durban poison x Atomic Shiva, Dark Matter x Atomic Shiva, Golden Goat x Atomic Shiva and Summit Sweet Skunk x Atomic Shiva

Next up: Apple Fritter 2x, ATF, Og Kush.

Comment

I am by no means an expert, but it looks like light burn to me. Especially since the problem appears to be only occurring on the older set of leaves. It's smart to move the light up and definitely watch the pH level. I had something very similar happen a few DWC grows ago and moving the light up (even to 24") helped. One other thing that helped was to make sure you have adequate (but not too much) air moving around the canopy. Besides using an exhaust fan and two stationary fans, I have a small osculating fan that gently blows under the canopy to keep things cool. In addition, if your temp is averaging 77 degrees, it's likely to stress the plants a bit, which may be promoting the light burn. I would also double check to make sure your reservoir water is not over 75 degrees as well. Just my two cents, I am definitely not an expert, but this looks very similar to a problem I had last year. I was able to cure the problem by adding more ventilation, keeping the tent cooler, and raising the light up. Good luck, I hope this helps.

Comment

Purple Punch from Barney Farm. My favorite. I've grown several of them in a setup quite similar to yours. Some of them have had the same issue. They have always finished nicely. (might be light burn)
              Focus and relativity.

Comment

UPDATE: It’s root rot.

Comment

In that case, I suggest using Hydroguard with every reservoir change. 2ml per gallon of water and keep that water temp below 75 degrees. This is what I use and have had no issues with root rot.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X