X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a male with crossed sepals?

Hello! 👋

I'm new here. First post. First grow.

Plants are 7 weeks old...6 days into 12/12.

So to my question...can anyone confirm if the parts pictured are male or female?

After months of researching as a first time grower, I've come to the understanding that male plants don't have cross sepals, except in very rare cases, but I'm really doubting that that's actually the case now.

I'm either wrong about determining sex or wrong about sepals...or both.

Both of my plants have crossed sepals and the pre-flowers look identical (as pictured) on both plants.

As I said, I'm a first time grower, so my eye is untrained (besides all the photos I've seen on forums, etc.) when it comes to sexing marijuana, but to me...those look like balls.

What do I have??
    ​​​
    TIA

cross sepals is a myth, that's a male.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Yes that is a male plant
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

The crossed sepals only mean it is getting near flowering age.

Comment

Howdy tulabis, as stated before, the cross sepals do not guarantee that the flower is a female. I would not recommend chopping it just yet, because I have had plants that the stigma have not shown until 14 to 16 days after the 12/12 switch. The stigmas do not regularly show up until about 10 to 12 days after the switch. I say to give them a few more days to show their gender.
          Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Aww, that's a bummer...

But yea, I'm going to let them stick around a few more weeks since they won't hurt anything, and there's still so much to learn from them.

Thanks for the responses

Comment

IF these are outside and you have folks near by, your male can harm their crop.

Comment

They were indoor. But I just went ahead and decided to chop them down so I could clean up the tent and get to work on a second grow.

Thanks for the responses, everyone!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X