Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New RDWC system week 7 for Northern Lights and Herer auto

Greeting everyone and happy growing.
    Here are the (2) Northern Lights photoperiod and (1) Jack Herer auto beginning week 7. One of the Northern Lights developed root rot in week 4 due to a large, newly purchased airstone. I treated the plant with food-grade H2O2 for a week and it seems to have gotten over the rot, (new white roots have formed and the plant is now green instead of yellow). My question is since the NLs are photoperiod and the JH is an auto, can I go forward with the flower cycle nutrient change using the GH flora series to increase bud development on the JH auto and keep the NL under 18/6 to catch up and how would the increase in flora Bloom affect the NL, thoughts?

You could always go half-and-half with the nutrients until you're ready to flip to 12/12. You don't have to change abruptly. As long as the EC and pH are dialed in, no problem. I wouldn't advise mixing photos and autos in the same setup anymore. Autos seem to produce best under 18/6 for their whole life and don't like light cycle changes or being transplanted. You could always keep the lights 18/6 and just keep trimming the NL back until the auto is chopped then switch to 12/12 but that would extend your grow time too much. On the other hand, you could collect a few choice cuts from the NL for clones and reload after harvest.
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

• bumper55
      bumper55 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your input and it all sounds good. I had the NL seed from growers Choice for a while before done with growers choice seeds. I got the JH auto from ILGM just before I started the grow. I noticed the difference between the 2 NL photoperiod right at 3 wks., one NL (one in the L/H corner) grew more like the JH auto plantling and I'm sure now that it is really an autoflower as it looks identical with buds as the JH auto. The 2nd NL, (plant in the middle), looks more like a photoperiod in its slower bud forming. I have rubber plugs for the bulkheads to separate each bucket for the final flush, and as you said, I decided that since all plants are at the flowering period I will go with the Flora Series flowering part of the chart for nutrients. Thanks again for your input.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X