Copper sulfate for treating WPM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copper sulfate for treating WPM?

Has anyone heard or using copper sulfate in solution sprayed on plants to prevent WPM on outdoor plants? Any information on safety? Asking for a friend...
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Judging from the number of questions I get every summer about the plant fungus known as powdery mildew, I’ve learned three things over the years; it’s everywhere, you don’t like […]

potassium bicarbonate for already infested. Or so they say.

Comment

I just clip it out.

Comment

• Ckbrew
        Ckbrew commented
        Editing a comment
        It is being used as a preventative. Never heard of using this, but I don't know everything.

Howdy Ckbrew, an application of a copper sulfate solution may or may not kill off the WPM, I do not know., but one thing for sure, is do not consume or smoke the buds treated with it because the copper sulfate is poisonous to human beings! It would be far safer to clip the affected buds or, as I have read other grower's ideas, treat them with H2O2 or isopropyl alcohol, at least those don't leave a toxic residue behind.
      Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• Ckbrew
        Ckbrew commented
        Editing a comment
        i thought that might be the warning advice to give my friend. Ty.

FWIW, I check all of my plants daily and when I see even what looks like WPM (rhetorically, why is the W there? Is there another color powdery mildew that affects cannabis?), that leaf is GONE immediately! I check the surrounding leaves too, and nearby buds.

I'm an outdoor grower, and I have one plant that is particularly susceptible, with repeated past infections. Because of the design/lack of space in my backyard, my plants are very cramped overnight and in the morning. That's bad when it comes to WPM, especially in a humid environment. About two weeks ago I started putting the plants to bed in a different layout, with that one plant getting significantly more ventilation. Location, location, location! Within a couple of days, the infections slowed way down. Haven't checked yet today.

That picture is of me and my son, Eli, in 1972. As I recall, the book was on distinguishing one type of plant from another. He was pointing to his nose to say cannabis flowers smell great!
      Attached Files

Comment

Elemental sulfur by itself is an effective WPM treatment.

The SAFER company makes a fungicide that is 99% sulfur in a liquid spray. You just need to throughly wash your harvested bud in the three-bath method to get the stink off.

-Grouchy
        My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
        I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
        Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X