Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air pots

Has anyone used these air pots?

I currently use 10 gallon plastic pots with rolled down lips. I have to move my plants multiple times a day (sometimes more than ten) to keep them in full direct sun. The pots I use are heavy duty. No way they are going to be breaking unless part of the lip breaks while I'm moving the pot. I lift the pots by that lip.

My concern is that the air pots simply will not stand up to a full growing season, being moved multiple times daily.

Anyone used these? I'd like to hear your experience and opinion.

Thank you!
    Attached Files

I use five gallon air pots and haven't experienced any wear and tear problems moving them around. That being said, I've only used them for seven years.

Comment

• KLAX
      KLAX commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you so much, quirk. I may give them a try next year.

Upside.
    Great for a fast growing plants, all the aeration allows for the pots dry out quicker which allows you to feed quicker.
    ideal for autos.

Downside.
    1. Pots are messy, the medium gets everywhere until they start to fill in with roots, bind and compact.
    2. All those holes that help the plants to grow fast also allows lots of new spots for bugs to enter and hide, root aphid, springtails.....

Space for Rent.

Comment

• KLAX
      KLAX commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for your comment. My question, however, is how well they will stand up to being moved multiple times a day for the entire growing season? I only grow photoperiod plants, exclusively outdoors. I must physically lift and move all of my plants a minimum of five times a day, up to ten times a day late in the season (like now), over rough and uneven ground. Standard black plastic pots do fine. My question is how well do you believe air pots would stand up to what I must do to keep my plants in full sun all day?

Thank you again, Mr.furley, for your comment!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X