Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

seeds in outdoor photopheriod feminized.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seeds in outdoor photopheriod feminized.

Sadly I found seeds growing out of calyx . So far found only 7 seeds on whole plant. If I inspected more I guess I would find more.
    Now I dont know if she went hermie or somebody else has male in proximity of my grow. Do you guys think buds will be less potent, or seeds will make buds less smokeable. I just hope whole plant wont be covered in seeds
    Attached Files

Obviously you have quite a ways to go. Best bet is to inspect thoroughly for pollen sacs. Immediately remove if you find any. As to whether it will make the plant less potent and less smokeable. I've had seeded crops before and it is a pain in the ass but the smoke is still fine.

Comment

• Cunjo420
      Cunjo420 commented
      Editing a comment
      I didnt see nanners or sacks. It looks like there is none

Pollen can come from nearby hemp fields or neighbors growing males outdoors. You usually won't see intersex flowers that soon into flowering - they usually appear when buds are getting overripe. I've had plenty of seeded bud in my grows (intentionally and not). The only really usable seedy bud came from potent varieties that weren't completely pollinated like GSC (nanners) and Tangie (accidental Blueberry cross). Skunk #1, Ghost Train Haze and Blueberry plants that were fully pollinated made thousands of good seeds but the buds were only good for CBD tea.
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

• Cunjo420
      Cunjo420 commented
      Editing a comment
      Not really sure buddy. I hope I Will still get decent buds because they look potent(bunch of crystals) and I hope iz Will be only dozens of seeds not hundreds.
      Not really sure about hemp fields. We have hemp fields but Like 20killometers from me. Also I doubt somebody has males but who knows. Can any Kind of stress lead to seeded bud.like light during night

I have smoked heavily seeded weed that was great, and some that wasn't. If it wasn't I tossed those seed.
    I read an article many moons ago that said Moroccans only smoke the seed bract, all else is returned to the field. Try that some time with that seedy weed!
    At this point you could pluck the seeds out if theres not many.
    BTW pollen can travel 2000+ miles on the wind (yes thats thousand). Chances are though you have a male or hermie near by, who is growing near you?

Comment

• Cunjo420
      Cunjo420 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well only 1 guy i know but he has 1 female plant. All bought feminized seeds. Could Like light stress during night force production of seeds? There is slim possibility that someone has male but I doubt IT. This is worst thing about growing outdoors

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      IF the light source is strong enuf, it could. Feminized seed has been known to produce males and hermies (from poor quality control),

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X