Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feminized cannabis plants producing a lot of seeds?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Feminized cannabis plants producing a lot of seeds?!

Hi, I just finished a grow, then dried. Now I trimmed and am starting the cure. I did 4 plants, all 4 were feminized seeds from Ilgm and all 4 plants produced a lot of seeds... Is this normal? Or what could be the possible causes?

The only 4 plants were all 4 feminized. No males anywhere.

Thank you!

You had 1 or more hermie, a female that produces (female) pollen from male looking flowers (nanners). The seed will all be feminized with an increased tendency to hermie.
    Have you pics of them in flower about 4 weeks before harvest? (it takes seeds 4-6 weeks to mature/ripen seeds).
    What caused the hermie, could be conditions or genetics, with genetics being the worst, conditions can be fixed for the next run. Many think that feminizing is causing more hermies.

Comment

The 4 strains I grew were purple punch, Tropicana cookies, mango kush, and banana kush.. I suspect the banana kush was the hermie if that's what happened. It had the most seeds by a lot and the buds just looked and and felt a lot different than the others. I have pics at every single week in flower among others. Would any of those be helpful to see?

And I'm assuming (possibly incorrectly) that if 1 plant became hermie, then the seeds I collected should not be used as they will all be crossed with the banana kush plus an increased tendency to hermie?

Comment

We Luv pics! Yes post them.
        The seeds on the hermie (S1) will be the worst as far as more hermies, the rest you will need to watch, nothing wrong with crosses. Would I plant them? No, but I have tens of thousands of seeds made with real males. Now I have planted some, with poor results as they all hermied after this I feed the seed to the chickens. Good luck whichever way you go.

Comment

Pictures at various weeks.
          Attached Files

Comment

It's not letting me upload the rest..says file is too big.

Comment

You will need to reduce the size, there is a size limit. Have any close ups?

Comment

Sorry I can't help with that ... it looks like you have a bunch of nuts on your (I'm guessing) temperature probe wire. Please, what for? TY
                Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
                Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
                Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

Haha, yeah they're on the probe wire as a weight so the probe is heavy enough to stay perfectly where I want it and not be blown around by fans or anything.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Hard lesson to learn. Always examine your plants carefully after 4th week of flowering. Full blown Hermies can happen anytime during flower, nanners usually later in cycle. Feminised seeds are both blessing and curse.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                          X