Flush or no flush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flush or no flush

Whats the consensus on flushing now days? I have always given pure water last couple weeks, but reading more and more people feeding until harvest. Anyone have insights on the pros and cons of doing so.

thanks
    grow on

No science here. I flushed chemical nutes and used molasses. With hot/organic soil I don't flush goodies out of the soil on purpose, reuse what I can salvage for another grow. Nebula probably has a post on it, maybe a side by side grow or something.
    Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
    Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
    Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
    Various size fabric grow bags
    Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
    4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
    Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      I will feed only unsulferated molasses for the last 2wks. Now it's determinating those last 2wks that make the difference. Cut off bloom nutes to early an may loose that extra bulk that happens last month of plant life. If the hairs are still standing straight and not curled or rusty colored i keep feeding bloom. But stop when i see only half dozen white hairs and begin that water molasses only. Last is a plain water only then i let the whole pot dry to bone an plant feeds off what water is left within it's self.

https://www.rxgreentechnologies.com/...lushing-trial/

The results of this trial indicate that there is no benefit to flushing Cannabis flower for improved taste or consumer experience.

Not my link added from a old head that's appeared in high times magazine

Comment

I have done both and come to the conclusion it doesn't do anything beneficial. The secret is drying and curing in the end. BUT I do agree to stop your nutes at least a week or 2 before harvesting, plain water and molasses, then just water at the end. I usually get my ppm's down to around 250 - 350.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        I do see difference in bud swelling using Molasses regardless what someone else said. I don't feed bloom last 2 wks just water and molasses. Everyone has there own way do as you wish. Keep on learning doesn't hurt to use it all through the grow. So what's a liquid GroBuddy ?

If you're not using organic soil using molasses doesn't do anything either. Molasses feeds microbes not buds. If you use liquids microbes are nonexistent making using molasses unnecessary. I feed all the way to harvest when I used liquids of course after many grows flushing/molasses etc. I've not seen any benefit using molasses vs not when using liquids. Only time I use molasses now in organics is either brewing a tea to feed microbes or when I water with mycorrhizae to feed soil microbes.

Molasses gets the microbes up and moving reproducing and multiplying nothing more. More so plants feed microbes sugar, not the other way around
      Last edited by GroBuddy; 09-03-2022, 10:58 AM.

Comment

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        what about if you use ReCharge?

Thanks for the insights.

Comment

Well all of the previous comments pretty much sum up the question. As SoOrbudgal put it "Everyone has there own way do as you wish. Keep on learning doesn't hurt to use it all through the grow. So what's a liquid GroBuddy ?"

I feed nutes and molassas up to the day I chop em'.​
        Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
        5 gallon cloth pots
        30"x30"x60" tent
        Spider Farmer SE3000
        Coco Pearlite mix
        GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X