Ph confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ph confusion

I water plants using well water that has a ph of 5.5 that I adjust to 7. When I check the ph of run off I get a ph of 4. Should I be adjusting it higher to get a ph of 6.5 in the run off to prevent nutrients from being locked out?

Read this : https://www.growweedeasy.com/ph
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• Mightymite47
      Mightymite47 commented
      Editing a comment
      If I’m reading that correctly,then I should raise my ph up until I get within the 6-7ph range for my run-off.Raising the ph above 8 won’t hurt my plants????

Why is the pH so low in the well water? What is the ppm and what are the minerals? And what are you using for pH up?

Comment

• Mightymite47
      Mightymite47 commented
      Editing a comment
      The well water has been that way forever. Don’t have the means of checking the ppm,but I raise the ph with bloom city ph up.

And what are you testing the PH with?
    Some dolomite lime should help get the PH up.

Comment

• Mightymite47
      Mightymite47 commented
      Editing a comment
      Testing the water with drops.In final weeks of flowering,to late to add lime !!!!
      Last edited by Mightymite47; 08-31-2022, 06:29 PM.

After the water is PH'd do you let it set 12 hours and test again? IF no try it, the PH up may not be holding.
    Liquid potash is also an effective PH up and it feeds the plants. Should be able to get it at any hydro grow shop.
    I would top dress with dolomite, work it into the soil with out going deep, then water. This will help buffer the PH.

Comment

• Mightymite47
      Mightymite47 commented
      Editing a comment
      I may have to give that a try,I appreciate all of the help I’ve received. This has been my first legal grow and trying to learn the most I can! Thanks

Don't know the geology of your area but pH 5.5 well water will pick up a lot of dissolved metals. That would be my concern.

Comment

I would also say get that well water tested, we dumb-ass people have been injecting bad things into the ground for near 100 years. I have 4 wells I wanted to use 1 of them, put a new pump on it, the water is nasty, I am now thinking of filling it with concrete. Another I wont use as the water is yellow/orange, another is sulfur (and maybe salt now), The forth is shallow and may still be good water, IDK.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X