Opening a Can of Worms; Best Grow lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opening a Can of Worms; Best Grow lights

I may be interested in replacing my two COB LED grow lights as I feel that a newer light may increase my yield. My tent is 30"x30"x60" so I do not require a very large light. The ES 300 is thirty six inches long and will not fit into the tent. I am considering a Spider Farmer SE3000 amongst others including a Mars Hydro FCE 3000 or similar. So I am soliciting opinions and reviews of these and any other lights that will fit in my tent and provide at least 300 watts. I appreciate any and all feedback from my friends here at GWE. Thanks
    Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
    5 gallon cloth pots
    30"x30"x60" tent
    Spider Farmer SE3000
    Coco Pearlite mix
    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

I use SF 4000 and I am happy with it. The SF lights deliver a good spectrum and are energy efficient.
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• OldManGrower
      OldManGrower commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks' Ckbrew. What size tent do you have?

• Ckbrew
      Ckbrew commented
      Editing a comment
      5 x 5 tent

• Satyaban
      Satyaban commented
      Editing a comment
      The female plug on one of my lights is not loose or wobbly but touchy, that is an important part of the quality, in that case poorer quality.

I will be looking to replace my leds for some of better quality lights in maybe 8 months. I am going to keep the 4X4 tent but my lights are a proprietary brand, 2X Flexstar 120W, of Budgrower and can't expect them to be of better quality.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      yep if you want top notch weed those lights need more watts.

• Satyaban
      Satyaban commented
      Editing a comment
      SoOrbudgal So 2 of the lights I mentioned are insufficient or not superlative, should I get rid of them in a hurry? I don't think it would hurt if I get lights rated for a 5X5 tent, a little bit of overkill for a 4X4. As far as quality goes that will take more study, I think much of the names you see around the most are from advertising. I am interested in what the members here say, in particular those who are unhappy with what they bought as folks are often loathe to criticize their own decision making. Anyway that is down the road.
      To continue your topic I am siding with LEDs if you are talking about best of sources. If you are talking within each group, I am interested whose brand is best.

• 3Berries
      3Berries commented
      Editing a comment
      You should target about 35w per sq ft of tent floor

Personally I prefer my ES180’s over the ES300. The 300 has a hellava hot spot in the center that some strains don’t like and get burnt if you’re not careful. The 180’s seem to distribute their power better and when you put two in the tent together you have more watts over the 300 with a much higher PAR value throughout 😉

Wanted to add, I only flower under both 180’s. One of them is plenty to flower a 2x4 tent at 50% power which is only 100w on the new models. I don’t hit 100% until week 4 of flower usually and start to turn the dial down around week 7 so you’re only at max power for a few weeks during 12/12. Very energy efficient
    Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 08-28-2022, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Well Satyaban i realize your new to the way of growing indoors. I'll let you gather the info and buy the light all i did was research an choose within my budget and the best what i thought would get the job done for my space.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Satyaban
        Satyaban commented
        Editing a comment
        I am sorry I communicate in a language most people don't understand. Your comment as usual was not relevant to mine, so I must be using a strain of English that you haven't run into your 6,000 fucking posts. All 6,000posts means is that you are old, and your ass is too old for me too kiss. Furthermore you weren't even in this conversation. I am out of this ugly place.
        Last edited by Satyaban; 08-28-2022, 02:48 PM.

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL i just don't get what is wrong with what i said. Not relevant? Satyaban what you want me to tell you what to buy walk you down the LED path of which one you should buy?? Man i am just not getting these newbie attitudes with how they find what i say so bad? For one thing this ain't even your post so jump off unless you got something " relitive" to add which you don't cause you don't know shit yet. Damn idiot

Won't the ES 300 fit on the diagonal? not saying its a great match, only that it'd likely fit.
      Last edited by 90Gizmo; 08-28-2022, 05:10 PM.
      Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
      Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
      Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

• OldManGrower
        OldManGrower commented
        Editing a comment
        Good idea since I had it myself, but alas, no. Thank you for the thought.

I have an SF3000 in a 3 by 3 tent. it is awesome. can run it ad full tilt with ventilation quite low, since i can have the ballasts outside the tent. at full power it is more than enough, and puts out PAR better than they claim according to my meter. 2 successful grows and i am super happy. it fits the 3 by 3 tent nicely. I love it so far!
      A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

Comment

• OldManGrower
        OldManGrower commented
        Editing a comment
        Great info! Thank you Bootsy for your comment.

• OldManGrower
        OldManGrower commented
        Editing a comment
        I just bought one today. On sale for $322 plus a coupon, paid $306.00 Thanks for your feedback.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X