Crazy deal is gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crazy deal is gone

Amazon showed me this 150 watt grow light on sale with an additional 50% off... Total cost 24.99!!! I know, Chinese clone light but for $25USD i got it. Was going to get 2 but coupon disappeared on the second one... Even so it's $50 for a 150 watt light.
    Amazon.com : Grow Light Full Spectrum Groplanner GP 1500 3x3ft Growing Lights Smart Grow Light 756pcs LEDs, Daisy Chain Dimmable 1500w Grow Lights for Indoor Plants Seeding Veg : Patio, Lawn & Garden
    Last edited by 90Gizmo; 08-23-2022, 02:40 PM.
    Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
    Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
    Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

You get whatcha pay for.... 99% of the lights available on Amazon are garbage. Its not just about wattage but what lights emit. I dont know of any product thats half the cost or more, but just as good or better
    Last edited by GroBuddy; 08-23-2022, 05:05 PM.

Comment

• GroBuddy
      GroBuddy commented
      Editing a comment
      Have you grown with a quality expensive light to compare? I have used both just saying once a grower has the knowledge to take a healthy plant through flower. A quality light will take their grow to the next level. Idk anyone who goes from horticultural lighting group to spider farmer etc. Usually spider farmer is a beginners light and they upgrade to a better brand when they gain the experience to understand what's really needed indoors. You're trying to mimic the sun, theres no light on the market at this time that can do so. Best we can do is use the best quality we can afford to try and achieve this. As with any and all things better quality is more expensive. I'm in no way talking down about anything you're doing this is just the way it is. Why wouldnt commercial growers use 25$ lights? that would be so much more profitable not spending a grand on each light. I'm not trying to grow the biggest or best bud, however if I'm growing weed and all I need is a good light to get better results to me that's worth it. alot of work time effort and money goes into this hobby
      Last edited by GroBuddy; 08-23-2022, 09:52 PM.

• ponzi314
      ponzi314 commented
      Editing a comment
      I dont mean the jack the tread but i just bought a spider farm. Are there better lights for around same price? i got the SF1000 for $116

• GroBuddy
      GroBuddy commented
      Editing a comment
      Spider farmer will give decent buds still will lack the depth penetration of a quality light. Again doesn't matter but if I can up my quantity and quality doing the exact same thing only by running a quality light that's worth it to me imo, as i feel like I'm not wasting anything. Time effort light bill etc.

There is still a coupon offer but you can only get one with the 50% off. it's still active for $25 after coupon.

Comment

The MIGRO guy tested it and like it
      Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
      Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
      Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

I stopped listening to the internet a long time ago. You'll find people who swear by any and every light. Learn by experience not videos or other people's experiences. Use those to help you gain knowledge but only through your own experiences will you gain knowledge.

Did he grow with it lol just take readings? Need to actually use light to give accurate feedback. Usually those type videos are sponsored anyways.

Comment

Throw this light up on grasscity or roll it up and see your responses lol no kiss asses over there. Truth will be told, quick fast and in a hurry. Some people see that as being a asshole. If wanting everyone to grow the best weed to their ability is being a asshole I'm guilty

Brown nosers in general, nothing implied towards 3berries. 3berries is helpful not harmful
          Last edited by GroBuddy; 08-23-2022, 10:12 PM.

Comment

• 90Gizmo
            90Gizmo commented
            Editing a comment
            Amazon pricing errors are a real thing. This post was more for people that would roll $25 dice before the price went away. I plan to stick around so we'll eventually learn more about this light.

• 3Berries
            3Berries commented
            Editing a comment
            FK rollitup.

Made in China brand products have no backup if you buy direct from a vendor. Going through Jeff or Elon gives you options should you have something go wrong. They also do not go through the same standards of testing as more legitimate brands. Legit brands can go bad, but you have much more and easier recourse. Even though whatever you get is made in China.
          I was in touch with China about an item I bought through Elon. With their directions, and my own computer acumen, the product did not work. China wanted me to keep the product and pay half because return shipping (through an international service) to China was so expensive. In the end, Elon's people had to give them a nudge for my refund.
          You can fill in the lines to my response to China's suggestion. Maybe not. It was pointed.
          I ain't no hollaback beard.

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

You don't need fancy lights. I got quite a few off aliexpress over the years. Still use them. Bought some name brand ones off Amazon too and even direct from the manufacturer.
            Last edited by 3Berries; 08-23-2022, 10:17 PM.

Comment

This is a fact you dont need fancy lights.

Comment

The $49.00 doesn't not include the phone app, I found it down in the questions. At that price if it last 3 grows it would be worth it, wouldn't it? I might buy one for back up, I should have a back up I think.

Comment

• 90Gizmo
                  90Gizmo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I wish the app protocol was documented. I don't like when appliances have to send data out of the house to work but have decided some things ago that I'm not that interesting for anyone else to care about my data.

• Satyaban
                  Satyaban commented
                  Editing a comment
                  90Gizmo I didn't think about a security or privacy aspect, it's just that I see no need for the accoutrements. When I think about all of the mined data and algorithms, I don't want to volunteer.

You can grow with any light but whatt you expect wont be anything great maybe a few buds fluffy and scruffy.
                1 Marshydro tsl 2000 @ 300 watt.
                1 sf2000 @200 watts
                2 philzon @230 watts
                2x4x5 tent
                3x6x8 closet
                Fox Farm ocean forest
                Black gold for seedling
                3 gal pot holes in sides and bottom
                RH 40-60
                Temp 70-80
                Feeding with FF trio with molasses
                calmag and a little flower fuel
                Light at 10 -16 inches above canopy

Finished growing: Durban poison x Atomic Shiva, Dark Matter x Atomic Shiva, Golden Goat x Atomic Shiva and Summit Sweet Skunk x Atomic Shiva

Next up: Apple Fritter 2x, ATF, Og Kush.

Comment

Originally posted by GroBuddy View Post
                  Throw this light up on grasscity or roll it up and see your responses lol no kiss asses over there. Truth will be told, quick fast and in a hurry. Some people see that as being a asshole. If wanting everyone to grow the best weed to their ability is being a asshole I'm guilty

Brown nosers in general, nothing implied towards 3berries. 3berries is helpful not harmful
                  Got that right

Comment

I got a 300w Mars hydro one this year. It replaced three 100 watt generics off the aliexpress. It is one piece and easier to hang......

Grew for three years with 3 $10 100w cobs with DC power supplies and homemade heatsinks.

Comment

This is long and I hate typing it out but maybe itll help see where I'm coming from. When I first started out I didn't know of weed Forums only information I had came off the internet. First light I bought was a sunrise blurple listed as 1000 watts. After first grow buds were light and airy, I've used for over 20 years knew that was like no weed id ever had. Second run same, I considered the first run due to my own inexperience. After some understanding of how much light I actually needed vs how much wattage that sunrise actually was I bought some more Amazon blurples. Next grow same im talking weed so embarrassing I smoked it alone how shitty did that feel to not be able to share my weed with friends. They also use and know what weed is supposed to be like. Not light airy. After this grow I found grasscity once I added my pics they laid into me bad I say that but they were only telling me the truth things I didn't want to hear which made it seem as tho they were laying into me. Once I came to the conclusion they could be right I went to a local hydroponic store. Told them I needed a 300 watt led, I still dont know jack about lights just what I've been instructed to do. Hydro store said only light they had for a 3x3 was a florescent agrobrite however they thought it was 300 watt's and would work well in a 3x3. Wattage wasn't on box they tried looking it up, couldn't find it I believed them. Once I got light home owners manual said it was a 195 watts light. After buying 4 different lights now I'm starting to look and feel like a dumbass. Hydro store had no lights I obviously didn't know what lights I needed so I kept the florescent. Knowing it wasnt strong enough I bought some eye hortilux power veg bulbs. Bulbs alone were over 400 dollars. After one run under the florescent and another run under the power veg bulbs bud tops were firm bud mids and lowers still fluff doody weed. At this time not counting anything else but lights I've spent nearly a grand or let's say wasted a grand. Now I start saving took better part of a year to save for a new tent equipment and a ROI-e720. First grow was night and day. Firm dense nugs all the way to soil those under canopy and trellis. Bud which once weighed 1.5 to 2 grams is now 4 and 5 grams. Only took me wasting about 3 years and a thousand dollars, why I'm so adamant about the light I've experienced growing with subpar lights, it's no bueno

imagine growing crap weed for 3 years straight 2 to 3 times a year, most people would quit. Imagine wasting thousands of dollars on start up then multiple crappy lights that didn't help grow what so ever, most people would quit. I want everyone to succeed and grow the best to their ability. I dont care what light yall use or get, however I will be honest.
                      Last edited by GroBuddy; 08-24-2022, 11:01 AM.

Comment

• GroBuddy
                        GroBuddy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Diodes used makes a big difference, not all leds are the same. Even mars people think that they use the same diodes as hlg since they also use Samsung however the numbers describing which Samsung diodes used is different.

It's all light that will make or break a grow once a grower understands how to take a healthy plant all the way through. A perfect quality grow under sub quality lighting will still give sub quality bud. I'd like to think by grow 6 I had everything down pat lol wasnt until I upgraded my lights I saw a difference in bud quality. Throw a little plant outside to flower see the difference compared to inside runs
                        Last edited by GroBuddy; 08-24-2022, 01:39 PM.

• 90Gizmo
                        90Gizmo commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Right now I think that lights are the least of what's limiting my ability to grow great weed. I don't buy a beginning violin player a Stradivarius.

• GroBuddy
                        GroBuddy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You're right why I keep saying it doesn't matter. Wish somebody would have cared as much about me and what I was doing to be adamant. Would have saved several years and a thousand dollars. I'd prefer to try to talk someone away from a pinto and into a Maserati, that would save them money in the long run.
                        Last edited by GroBuddy; 08-24-2022, 08:33 PM.

Well if money is no object or if the technology just wasn't there not much you can do.

But I can say I never ran out of smoke using cheap stuff. Not growing for competition. And I like to learn from my mistakes. And I only offer my experience so others can learn too if they want. I'm using a half price special off Amazon now for Veg. VIPARSPECTRA Newest P1000 to replace the cheap 100w ones. I was going to buy more at the half price too but ran into the same situation as the original poster where the coupon is only good for one. All I can say is it's a lot heavier and it has a dimmer. I don't use the dimmers much but rather just raise or lower the light.

Comment

• GroBuddy
                        GroBuddy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Same here I use the florescent and 3 blurples for seed starting, veg, clones and making seeds
                        Last edited by GroBuddy; 08-24-2022, 11:32 AM.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X